Angus MacDonald

[Merged] v221 - All Platforms -Oxygen Tank Issues/Crashes

Found a deceased astronaut in a cave and what i assume is supposed to be an oxygen tank but its called item type and says item description.

2017-11-13_1-29-53_PM.png

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged threads / Updated title

Yea i had the same problem after the 221 update. the oxygen tanks I had were empty and usless and when i try to craft a new one, the game freezes up and kicks me out. I've tried it 3 different times now since i downloaded update about 2 hours ago. I love this game!!! But thats one of the first things i go for on a new game is the o2 tank.

Immediately after installing the update I launched my game and noticed that all my created oxygen tanks had been rendered useless. Now they were named "Item" or "Item Description" but did not refill with oxygen. Boooo. ;)  Lol, just giving the info. Thanks!

I noticed the Tanks are not working, I mean they not filling up with Oxigen. I don't know it is a bug or it is planned to happen.

20171114082232_1.jpg

Hello! This game is awsome! but after last patch i have trouble with several things. For the first i have great graphical problems, the ground gets transparent so i can se the whole cavern system beneath the planet. Also i have great trouble with the digging tool...when i dig the ground want be affected...no soil dissapears!! Also on the he controller on the digging device freezes so i cant move the *cursor* while iam digging! It only digs straight down and sometimes when i dig it want collect the resources that iam targeting. ..the game was pretty good before this new patch..but now i have great problems playing!

Are you playing an existing save game or did you start a new one?  It's always best to start a new save after an update.  There will undoubtedly be incompatibilities due to the changes.

I created a new save on Xbox and ran into the same problem.  I found a tank on a dead body and it wont fill with air.

11-14-2017_2-12-38_PM.png

The new update (Patch 221) rolled out and I hopped on my main world to check it out. I immediately noticed that my oxygen tanks were glitch out, just displaying "Item Name" and "Item Description." Just wanted to let you know!

Here's a screenie.

20171114131811_1.jpg

14 hours ago, Mistwalker said:

Hello! This game is awsome! but after last patch i have trouble with several things. For the first i have great graphical problems, the ground gets transparent so i can se the whole cavern system beneath the planet. Also i have great trouble with the digging tool...when i dig the ground want be affected...no soil dissapears!! Also on the he controller on the digging device freezes so i cant move the *cursor* while iam digging! It only digs straight down and sometimes when i dig it want collect the resources that iam targeting. ..the game was pretty good before this new patch..but now i have great problems playing!

If you're using a save you had prior to the update, that type of thing can happen. Start a new save, and the ground issue will most likely be resolved.

***EDIT*** To the topic, I have the same issue with the tanks. I haven't crafted any, but the two I've found do not work, and have the 'no name' issue.

Edited by ☣Zaphod Beeblebrox☣
added

After the last patch, my tanks on my backpack no longer fill up.  They are also not identified as tanks, whereas the other stuff on my backpack is properly identified.  I did not try to make another tank.

20171114174624_1.jpg

On 14/11/2017 at 12:45 AM, nickster2187 said:

when i try to craft a new one, the game freezes up and kicks me out. I've tried it 3 different times now since i downloaded update

Same situation here. Just unlocked them, go to print, nugget starts to disappear, but just at the moment before the printing cycle is complete, game crashes. Like nickster2187, I have tried this three times now, with the exact same result. And no, this is not an old, pre-update save, but a fresh new one since the update was downloaded. System Era, PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Edited by Ghostwolf93

ya Please fix the small oxygen tanks, because i use them a lot, this my favorite game at the moment!

P.S.  yes it does crash soon as i craft it!

Well, at least I know that this issue is known.

I specifically just got to Moon (Barren?) and unlocked oxygen tank. Crafted it, game crashed. Reloaded, game was wiped. Have to start over from scratch now, XD.

Tried to restore from autosave, but given I reloaded several times, I believe they got overwritten sufficiently. I wish the game saved more than two versions.

At least I know this for the future, and might even try manual backups xD

13 hours ago, Corwin Slater said:

At least I know this for the future, and might even try manual backups xD

Yup, I do manual backups like once an hour or more frequently if I'm testing new or changed things.  You can make it even more simple by making batch files (.bat).  I made a folder called "t" in the save game folder then made these batch files in the main save folder. Replace "#" with the save file number. Then just run the batch file needed to backup or restore whichever world you are playing.

To backup a save set I use "backup-#.bat"

del t\autosave_#*.sav
copy autosave_#*.sav t

Then to restore I use "restore_#.bat"

del autosave_#*.sav
copy t\autosave_#*.sav

221 - Steam - Windows 10 - K/B and Mouse

Normally I've found O2 tanks on dead bodies.  However, since 221 I haven't found any. During my game when I tried to print the tank in my backpack the game crashed.  I sent the report generated by the game, and since my save was deleted, I assume that may have been sent as well.

I'm posting this here because during  my second play-through  of 221 I figured out what I was doing when another crash occurred performing the same process.