BlindEyeStriker

PS4 Release?

Moved this to: General Discussion (that's more suitable since it's not really a suggestion).

If there's going to be a PS4 release of Astroneer, it's not gonna happen prior to Early Access, since Sony does not offer an Early Access platform (yet?).

Well, it IS built in Unreal Engine, which is cross-platform.

Also, the next build should also be compatible with more than just XBone controllers, so a PS4 controller should work natively.

Is it a future possibility? Yes. While the PS4 is still the most current model (i.e. 2 years)? Very much doubt it. Do the devs have any plans/time/intent to work on it now? Nope.

Im sure SES will release it on PS too, one we have a official 1.0 release.

Its just Sonys policy on early access games that keeps the game from PsStore...for now

11 hours ago, MardoPardo said:

Its just Sonys policy on early access games that keeps the game from PsStore...for now

Well, for the most part.

E.g. Fortnite is available on PS4, and that's Early Access.

Astroneer got rejected because it is too early in development, and so does most EA games.

We'll get a playstation release as soon as the game exited early acess

On 17/01/2018 at 9:50 AM, ABC said:

I really want a pS4 release because I use a mac so I can't play it

Just boot in Windows via Bootcamp, which comes pre-installed (need to buy the Windows OS though). Now you've got a PC.

I hate to be the stick in the mud

But I’m actually hoping, and pretty dam sure it’s not coming to the PlayStation Network.

If the game goes on too the PSN count me out, and I will be back for my money back if I can.

Just now, Richard Sebire said:

I hate to be the stick in the mud

But I’m actually hoping, and pretty dam sure it’s not coming to the PlayStation Network.

If the game goes on too the PSN count me out, and I will be back for my money back if I can.

Why tho?

1 hour ago, Richard Sebire said:

It too me, is a Xbox Game. An Exclusive at that.

Dont mind Steam, PC etc, but they go multi console, and I’m gone.

Why? What difference does it make to you whether its on other platforms or not? That seems rather silly.

2 hours ago, Richard Sebire said:

That's an awful attitude. And it doesn't make sense at all.
The game not being on PS4 adds absolutely nothing to it and it being available on whatever other platform has absolutely no downside for anyone. So that's nothing but a silly idea that some people have in their heads, and publishers are using this to lead their behavior (See the big "InsertConsoleName here Exclusive" used to give people some kind of special feeling about having something that some other's don't have).

Disclaimer: I don't own a console (well, I guess a Dreamcast doesn't count) nor do I care about consoles at all. So that's just my opinion about something that splits communities for no sane reason.

I remember on Twitch live stream they not release the game on PlayStation because PlayStation can't release a game that still in beta or alpha. So I think they will release when the game is out of beta phase... :\

On 1/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, Richard Sebire said:

I play on Xbox One. I'm trying to wrap my head around the thought process behind this, and the only "slightly" logical concern I could see one having with the game also being on PS4 is the "possible" drop in player base for multiplayer on Xbox One. I say "possible" because it seems unlikely to have any significant effect as this would only pertain to individuals who have both consoles and would rather play on PS4.

Regardless of feelings, it isn't an exclusive. The fact that it's already on more than one platform illustrates this fact. I'm not trying to offend, but a stance like this seems based solely in a disdain for a company, console, players, or maybe all three (Sony/PS4) Maybe there are justified reasons you personally have for this, but on the surface, it comes across rather catty.

I'm not trying to fight or insult. I'm just trying to genuinely understand the reasoning I guess.

Edited by Aevirok
Clarification