Nasedo

Astroneer or "Game of fuels" Season 1?

If you remember Fallout... and one sentence: "War. War never changes". Now the history is being written by us, players.

Have you seen official Astroneer website:

Astroneer is set during a 25th century gold rush where players must explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives and resources in harsh environments for the chance of striking it rich.

But now... Astroneer is set during a 21st century fuel rush where players must fight each other for value of the fuel, risking their nerves in discussion in harsh forum environment for the chance... of what?

When we starting Astroneer - we got nothing, and everything has to be found. Before we will be able to build Fuel Condenser or Trade platform, we need to travel, explore, search and find all necessary blueprints in artefacts. If we are deeper in the game, we become more rich which is inevitable. If we want we may have more solar panels, more batteries, our base has more nodes, being expanded almost infinitely.

Game is still alpha, just the beginning and please, understand for some players there's nothing to research left. None of those researches been "exploited" - everything been found during the exploration, what was fun. All artefacts we able to find could contain only resources or could be... empty. At some point will be no element of surprise. Wherever we will go no, which planet we will choose, only what we got is exploration, and trying to have own ideas of fun. Someone wants to dig a hole into the middle of the planet - why no? Some of players had an idea to create a maze and make a competition - brilliant idea. This is what we can call freedom.

When we have a spaceship, and planing to go to another planet we have really limited storage area. I can have 32 slots in my ship (where slot contain just one item) and 8 slots in my backpack + two extra slots in spaceship, mainly used for fuel. Is it enough? As example, I will tell you about my first trip to Barren (Moon). Just landed without any knowledge of anything what could wait for me. Any nearby resources / materials? I only found hydrazine. Do I really need it for anything else than travel back?

If we experienced players, and we finally have a spaceship, we invented everything else, including storages. We had a time and opportunity to gather enough resources (without any exploitation) to store, save them for later. Shall we bring some of them to the moon or first planet, or shall we started everything from the beginning? It's up to us, but if we will come to the moon empty handed, without any resources / tethers, having only hydrazine cause we will stuck. We can decide if we would like to bring some materials with us, or maybe just bring some tethers and search and explore. I haven't spent much time on the Moon, so I cannot say if there's any source of compound or resin. No resin, no buildings... is a time to give up? Why not to build a trade platform and found hydrazine trade for something we may want. Is the exploitation, really?

When I played No Man's Sky, I noticed I cannot afford for better (with bigger storage) ship. I needed to find a way to make some money. It wasn't really easy to find first trading post, and after this, I realized the best way to make some money for beginner is produce Bypass Chip and sell it for reasonable price. Was it exploitation? I want money and I earned money the way has been provided for me, I used opportunity given by game. After couple weeks someone tells, it's a better idea to have a better spaceship is trying to find wreckage and repair it and save a lot of money - was it exploit?

Astroneer - I bought this game, because I like exploring. Fuel-Trade-Leaks hasn't ruined my game experience and when I've seen Moon firs time, I saw a large crater. I want to explore, I want to go deeper. Am I rich or am I poor is irrelevant.

As Astroneer is in early stage, we have limited possibilities - and if we want to play, as well as test this game and help for developers and another players we need to have our-own-goals. I've been thinking about this exploitations already discussed. Is this change a really necessary step? Let's trace those changes. Value of Hydrazine cut by half, energy consumption doubled, time for Trade platform doubled. It will hit only honest players. If someone would like to use this, as exploit - will build more trading platforms and more fuel condensers, more batteries and solar panels or wind turbines or whatever producing energy in current environment. At some point cheats will be revealed or trainers will be released or save game editors, it couldn't be stopped.

More important things should be fixed in this game, and trading is not one of them. More content needs to be added, not just creating some unnecessary restrictions.

I agree with the idea of this post in that the devs should have a focus on more content to explore, but at the same time I do not want new content to be spoiled by my ability to instantly gain any new resource added to the game. I think that allowing players to "cheat" so easily incentivizes them to skip out on large portions of the game and as such leads them to have a much less enjoyable experience which could cause them to not become a fan of the game when they otherwise would have.

2 hours ago, Nasedo said:

Value of Hydrazine cut by half, energy consumption doubled, time for Trade platform doubled. It will hit only honest players. If someone would like to use this, as exploit - will build more trading platforms and more fuel condensers, more batteries and solar panels or wind turbines or whatever producing energy in current environment.

I'm doing that!

Fuck exploration, I'M A BUILDER! I make stuff and really don't want waste time searching for 2 compounds stuck deep in the ground when I can easily buy 8 at a time on the Trade plat. Its how it works for me and it's how I like it! Those changes was pushed by those "PLIS NERF IRELIA" kind of dudes who don't get ASTRONEER.

Astroneer its a goddam' chill out SANDBOX. If I want to build, I'll build! If I want explore, I'll do it, I have the freedom! So sounds really idiot if Im not that explorer type of guy I've have to be penalised for not being what I don't wanna be.

But okay, it only make me triple my trade/fuel plataforms to keep everything working properly and I'm okay with those dumb changes.

I just expect that System Era knows cases where companies was swallowed up by its own community.

Nuff said.

I think the problem isn't with the trading post but mostly just with the condenser. The main reason I would like them to change it is because it affects the whole purpose of exploring a planet if you become self sufficient very fast into the game. The easy and very easy fix is to transform hydrazine that u collect on planets into some kind of unrefined ore that u need to put into the condenser in order to transform it into fuel. Also another QOL change would be to provide us with more information about fuel consumption on our spaceships to know how many travels we can do so this would alleviate the problem of going to another planet with low fuel and not being able to comeback if its a really hard planet without any ressources. Would allow u to plan in advance and know u can always comeback if anything.

To reply to this angry comment above. Well its first an exploration game so being self sufficient early into the game just goes against that whole purpose. Granted, this allows us to test the game even further by unlocking everything quickly, I think what they could do is unlock us a developper mode or simply sandbox mode where u can spawn stuff or everything is just easy so u can go all out with building stuff and have that regular ''exploration'' mode.

Edited by Freaky

I don't see the dichotomy. This will be solved when they implement different gameplays, Creative, where you can have your infinite inventory full of infinite resources, to build god knows what, because you'd already have everything. And Survival, where you actually have to risk your life, explore, take time to think, etc.

34 minutes ago, Freaky said:

I think the problem isn't with the trading post but mostly just with the condenser. The main reason I would like them to change it is because it affects the whole purpose of exploring a planet if you become self sufficient very fast into the game. The easy and very easy fix is to transform hydrazine that u collect on planets into some kind of unrefined ore that u need to put into the condenser in order to transform it into fuel. Also another QOL change would be to provide us with more information about fuel consumption on our spaceships to know how many travels we can do so this would alleviate the problem of going to another planet with low fuel and not being able to comeback if its a really hard planet without any ressources. Would allow u to plan in advance and know u can always comeback if anything.

To reply to this angry comment above. Well its first an exploration game so being self sufficient early into the game just goes against that whole purpose. Granted, this allows us to test the game even further by unlocking everything quickly, I think what they could do is unlock us a developper mode or simply sandbox mode where u can spawn stuff or everything is just easy so u can go all out with building stuff and have that regular ''exploration'' mode.

Noone is against the idea of the condenser being changed.  They're against it being changed right now.   As for macalango's comment, he's right, you're not.  By all means change it later when content is complete, changing it now is self defeating.  All it's doing is making everything take longer and people want to go and explore not stand in front of one machine making stuff just to go and explore.  If they add creative mode, macalango will be happy.  If they change the condenser to take raw hydrazine, almost everyone else will be as well.   If it stays as it is.. I don't think anyone will really care.  But if fuel manufacture gets even longer, just to satisfy the need of a tiny minority of people who think they have a game.. and not a work in progress.    Then there will be problems and more threads like this one.

We are supposed to be providing feedback (like this) to help improve the game. At the Alpha stage testing the limits is what will make the game better. Restrictions on things like trading can be patched in on GA or late Beta. But adding functionality like the "brilliant" trade platform fix post is more in line with what should be done at this stage.

39 minutes ago, Martin said:

Noone is against the idea of the condenser being changed.  They're against it being changed right now.   As for macalango's comment, he's right, you're not.  By all means change it later when content is complete, changing it now is self defeating.  All it's doing is making everything take longer and people want to go and explore not stand in front of one machine making stuff just to go and explore.  If they add creative mode, macalango will be happy.  If they change the condenser to take raw hydrazine, almost everyone else will be as well.   If it stays as it is.. I don't think anyone will really care.  But if fuel manufacture gets even longer, just to satisfy the need of a tiny minority of people who think they have a game.. and not a work in progress.    Then there will be problems and more threads like this one.

But: Why changing this now if it's a W.I.P.? Why should I play creative mode if my request is farming in survival mode? Why do many players think farming is not legit/exploit when it was a possibility/way to play that embrace more players?

2 hours ago, Martin said:

You really have issues reading don't you?

'' If they add creative mode, macalango will be happy.  If they change the condenser to take raw hydrazine, almost everyone else will be as well''

WHAT U SAID ABOVE, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IM SUGGESTING. Man, you really are something else. 

'' If it stays as it is.. I don't think anyone will really care. ''

Have your read the forums or reddit at all? It has been the main topic in every section and the main discussion on reddit in the last few days. Surely ''nobody cares'' rofl. Litterally because YOU don't care doesn't mean that everybody doesn't. You keep making yourself look like a fool its almost hilarious. The game IS a WIP so we are here to GIVE feedback on the game itself. If something is OP now is the time to make the change. It's part of the whole Early Access to develop and balance the game before it becomes an official release. 

4 hours ago, Freaky said:

To reply to this angry comment above

not really angry, I just curse very fucking much

sorry for that, dude 9_9

And YEA! Creative mode would be awesome. For me the game was on creative mode, now its just grinding. But okay, I've spend so fucking much time punching trees and rocks on RUST that I've got used to it.

But pleeeease System Era, don't grind the fuck out of ASTRONEER, it supposed to be a smooth chill out game, I don't want to WORK (like it used to be on RUST) for ASTRONEER, I want to play it! :D

there are multiple ways that this can be addressed, without ruining the experience for either "type" of player. first let me say, while the game is fun it is still an empty shell. adventuring and researching is fun, there needs to be more depth and layers, so that you have a reason to travel and explore new planets. 

now back on point,

one easy way to resolve this is to limit the types of resources that can be obtained through trade centers. allow for an astroneer to trade off common or medium rarity items, but prevent trading up for highest rarity items. tweak the trade conversion rates, trade timers, and fuel condensers so that it balances well with exploration content. IMO the trade center should be a way to supplement your exploration. With that being said, if a player is not an explorer, they can always make multiple trading pods and fuel condensers.  (note. if removing high-rarity items from the trade center is against the developers intentions, significantly decreasing the conversion rate, or increasing the trade timer, would give a similar impact without restricting gameplay potential)

with this method, both styles of gameplay can be supported. in my eyes, new planets should unlock new high-rarity resources, which create unique research opportunities. traveling to new planets would have a purpose. experienced astroneers would have the convenience of trading off mundane resources, while they are off exploring new high-rarity resources and research blueprints. 

Edited by Sharka

i wanted to add one more thing but it was too late to edit my post. 

the appearance and potential of a veteran astroneer should be a lot cooler than a newbie. by following the system i listed above, it would be impossible for a new player to unlock everything on their first planet. this means, veteran astroneers would have really cool things to show off for their time invested. unique buildings/vehicles/materials/etc. collected and researched across their space travels.

Edited by Sharka

When a scribe picks up a pen, they think 'what a lovely instrument for writing with', but if an Assassin picks up a pen they might think 'what a lovely innocuous looking thing
I can carry with me and kill people with that and no one will ever suspect'. A Merchant just looks at the pen and thinks 'Hmph. Small, cheap, people seem to like having them bwahahaha Ill make millions!'.

For those of you who don't actually know what a 'sandbox'  is or why games like this are called 'sandbox games', a sandbox is literally a frame or boundary often made of wood placed on the ground (usually outside) and filled with sand. The idea is you put a kid in it and they play w/e they want with it. Some will build huge molded and shaped cities, some might make works or art or make a kind of rock garden. Others just might write their homework in it. A lot of kids just look at a sandbox, sneer disdainfully and then ... go play lego, or break out their play dough *facepalm*. A Sandbox is what you make of it, no matter what form it comes in. It can and will be used for many different things by many different people. Games that let many different kind of people do their own thing are thus 'sandbox' games.  Ive had my big boy pants on now for a couple decades or so and I saw a YouTube video about it by Biffa2001. I went WOW THE POSSIBILITIES!!! and immediately camped the Steam page for Astroneer until it came out.

Someone mentioned there have been many of these posts but this is the first of this kind of post I have seen - a OP who had a point, communicated tht point fairly well and spawned a discussion. Except.

-> The general thrust of the OPs post was "why are devs wasting their time tinkering with trade stuff, when this game is only Alpha and there are so many bugs to fix and we would really like some new content to play with since we are all bored waiting for new content" a couple people even piped up agreeing with them. So to you guys I would say: more than just tinkering with the fuel trading was done in the patch. From my little futzing around in my world so far, I think more than just what is listed in the patch notes was done actually. Also content is exactly that - content, not just the specific slice of the content you happen to be interested in now. Additionally, what we have now is what will grow in different directions so it needs  to be pruned and tweaked from time to time to grow in the right direction. If you just let things go and only prune at the end, you end up with a mess and people who have gotten used to 'how things have been now' will scream doubly loud when things need to be changed later and are.

-> Some are angry over "cheatyness" of the fuel thing and are behaving as if someone has put a gun to their head and told them, "thou shalt build a trading post and fuel condensers and use them and only them for obtaining resources" so they complain "but i want to go out and explore to get my resources". To these I ask, why does it matter what happens to these base modules since you would never even build them. Why all the kerfuffle?

To the other people lurking or the other people commenting I wonder if it occurs that as this is an Alpha, worlds we have now are not necessarily going to still exist once the game is 'complete' or at least complete enough to be considered 'retail' so worrying about 'but we shouldn't be able to get late game or rare mats easily/fast' is irrelevant. We need to be able to do this so we can test things that use those without only relying on the two people who warehouses of them stocked up in their perfectly built bases on every world. Also, since when does an economic system not include rarities? "Oh I'm sorry mr miner but you cant sell your diamonds or optically aligned zircon chips in the trading system because its only for really common materials newbies can find so they don't feel left out"?

Being able to get mats easily is a blessing, especially for those of us testing. I certainly hope that in the finished game, vehicles are not going to randomly fly off or bases become so horrible you just have to move or start a new world from scratch....Oh WAIT, some of those issues seem to have been fixed in the last couple patches! Easy mats lets us replace things lost due to it being an alpha but it also lets those who are crazy off the leash so they can do things the devs would never think of like try and build a base that covers a whole planet, a road to the moon, or flatten the landscape and try and draw pictures with beacons that can only be seen from orbit. Testing is about gathering info about what works or doesn't or how things work vs how they should work. I guess even their small ultimately irrelevant change to the Fuel Condenser has caused threads like these full of all of us throwing in our 2 copper bars onto the soapbox will tell them at least that its important somehow, even if a thousand voices all yelling different things wont tell them why.

3 hours ago, Freaky said:

You really have issues reading don't you?

'' If they add creative mode, macalango will be happy.  If they change the condenser to take raw hydrazine, almost everyone else will be as well''

WHAT U SAID ABOVE, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IM SUGGESTING. Man, you really are something else. 

'' If it stays as it is.. I don't think anyone will really care. ''

Have your read the forums or reddit at all? It has been the main topic in every section and the main discussion on reddit in the last few days. Surely ''nobody cares'' rofl. Litterally because YOU don't care doesn't mean that everybody doesn't. You keep making yourself look like a fool its almost hilarious. The game IS a WIP so we are here to GIVE feedback on the game itself. If something is OP now is the time to make the change. It's part of the whole Early Access to develop and balance the game before it becomes an official release. 

Have you ever written a post without petty insults?

Ever?

Your posts are all about petty insults.  You said in your post that you thought everyone was cheating and weak and exploiting the game, because some people using the condenser / trader system to get whatever they wanted.  Yet you seem incapable of understanding that this system, which I don't use btw, is not free resources, it is not exploiting or weak.   It's possibly safer.. than getting the resources from caves, but it's certainly faster.   I don't play games for fast.

As for reddit etc.. I don't care.  I really don't.   Those boards are like the nerd boards for whiners.. All they ever do there is complain about stuff, sit down and write papers on why something is so terrible in a game.  And people like you go and lick their toes because they're so important.

People here are angry at having to wait twice as long in a game which only just released to Ea to get places to look and check and test or play.. doesn't matter really, all you care about is how challenging the game is to you and how it should challenge everyone else because you said so.  YOU SAID SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE.

No I don't think so. 

My argument? Yeh generally I agree, it can make the game easier, if you choose to play it like that all the time, do you have the right to demand that the game is changed to suit your playstyle? No. Why? Because You is one person, Everyone is everyone else.  Not one person.   It is that simple, the game should be designed for the playstyle of everyone, not you and your select few.

28 minutes ago, Rkaneus said:

->  If you just let things go and only prune at the end, you end up with a mess and people who have gotten used to 'how things have been now' will scream doubly loud when things need to be changed later and are.

Yes, you're right.  But that pruning was done in response to the "the condenser, trader thing" posts.   Not to the game as a whole. 

I guess I don't want the devs to make the mistake other Devs have made in games I used to like, but don't anymore, because they've just turned into clones of other games.  Don't make changes because people shout and scream.  Make them because it was your plan to do so.  Ignore any and all demands.  Listen to critism.. sure, but do what you wanted to do in the first place, otherwise you won't create a unique experience, you'll create a mismash of what everyone else wants.

In my humble opinion, issues like balancing of the condenser or trader could have waited 6 months, given people time to explore the harder worlds.   Now for people to do this, they have to wait twice as long to just get off their starting planet.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

<snip>

In my humble opinion, issues like balancing of the condenser or trader could have waited 6 months, given people time to explore the harder worlds.   Now for people to do this, they have to wait twice as long to just get off their starting planet.

this is true, but what if their intent is FOR you to take a while. The idea being the Terran world we all start on is SUPPOSED to take some time to explore and 'complete' (as much as completion is a thing in sandbox). What what I have read and seen so far too, the other worlds are implemented/exist true, but they are more incomplete in shape/function/practicality than Terran is. Perhaps "slowing us down" is really "buying them time".

6 hours ago, atrip3 said:

But: Why changing this now if it's a W.I.P.? Why should I play creative mode if my request is farming in survival mode? Why do many players think farming is not legit/exploit when it was a possibility/way to play that embrace more players?

The issue isn't with changing the ideas, it's with making everything longer now.  Ok.. ? Sure make a note, 6month balancing, change condenser to double timer, make trade take twice as long.  But right now, let people get off the starter planets.  Lets see some feedback on Arid, Radiated, Barren, Tundra and Exotic.  Not on Terran where everyone has started and most still have managed to leave.

2 minutes ago, Rkaneus said:

<Mini Snip>

Perhaps "slowing us down" is really "buying them time".

I get this too.. the Terran world is huge, has many landing sites, could be explored for months on end.  But, it is also only 2-3 biomes.  It's pretty much the same thing no matter where you go.  The only thing there isn't on Terran world is titanium and lithium rock.  Which requires the drill.

I actually thought when I started the Ea, that you could only find the drill and crane after leaving the Terran world, I didn't realise you could just stay here and keep researching and you'd find it here, where it serves no real purpose, I didn't understand the threads popping up about how rubbish the drill was.. now I do, people never left.  And when you don't need to use something, yeh it looks kinda rubbish.  Pointless.

I expect, in time, we'll see titanium and lithium and other yet to be added resources being moved offworld, that only after discovering them will we be able to trade for them, this will force people to leave terran world to gain new tech, new resources etc.  That's where I hope the game is heading, but I don't want to see people staying at home, under their rock, in their safe place.  Whilst at the same time, I also don't want to force anyone to do anything they don't want to.

1. Game is pre-alpha, do we agree? We decided to buy it and voluntary work... oh, sorry - we paid for opportunity of work for SE. Of course, we are playing, having fun - but we're trying to help test unfinished product. Do we agree still?

2. In this game we have limited amount of research - once we researched (without exploits) there's no device / vehicle / building left to be researched. Whatever we will do - using exploits or not, we will not invent anything new, because is nothing left. And now, first question - what to do? Travel somewhere else, on the same, or different planet and build exactly the same repetitive structures. Will we surprise ourselves? I don't think so. Now is a perfect moment to do ridiculous things, build extra-large bases, just for testing purposes - maybe just reach the limit, check if the game will crash or not.

Despite our will of help - developers making our life as a testers harder. We haven't received any console, any cheats (for testing purposes) - but we found a way, how to become "rich" quicker. So what? Is it MMO / RPG game? Are we playing with other people having different level or resources than we have? The answer is: NO!

3. Once, I travelled to Thudra. I went to orbit and had to wait for my planet (Terran) appear in the range of white circle. Amazing! Maybe is more realistic, but it was waste of my time. What was the purpose of this? Now, we have another brilliant idea and we have to wait for production of fuel. I could call it "boredom", but I may say I'm irritated.

4. I'm not sure if everyone have procedurally generated planet, or maybe for now all planets have been prepared for us and we have the same planets. Doesn't matter for now. I went to the moon, I choose place to land and in my walking distance I was able to gather just Hydrazine. Let's try to imagine, I came to moon without any goods in my backpack, without a storage or just with some of materials. What to do? What to build? Why not to build Trade platform and trade honestly gathered Hydrazine for something what we need? As you may already know, I haven't been on the moon long time, but what if there's a lot of Hydrazine but no Compound or resin? Some of us may want to travel back home, gather some resources, bit by bit and bringing everything to the moon... but some may want to trade, make at lest small base and then start exploration. If Hydrazine will be worth almost nothing - why shall we gathered it, why shall we bother?

5. When we invented everything, there's no goal at all. If we would like to spend some more time in this game, we will need to have own goal. Let's say I will build a base with 100 of big batteries, 100 of big solar panels and some of wind turbines (for any reason). Maybe someone will tell me it's exploitation, because I will have almost unlimited source of energy. So what? Maybe I want to do this? Is it forbidden? Maybe I want to build a warehouse with 100 of storages and fill it with Lithium - having 800 of them. Another exploit - because whenever I want to build a battery I can go to my storage and pick some of Lithium. Is it forbidden? Is any codex, rules, or "Secret Book of Wisdom for Astroneer" telling what is permitted and what is forbidden?

6. This game has more serious problems than TradeHeydrazineLeaks. FPS drops is what developers should focus first. Stability is more important. But someone decides to do unnecessary things first instead of focusing on something really important. I said before, I will repeat myself. This game is almost empty. No living creatures, no complex objects, no textures - this game should work in 60 FPS on GeForce FX series. If you (System Era) would like to be not like No Man's Sky creators - don't duplicate their mistakes.

As new patch has been released, and we know fuel market is not stable any more in Astroneer solar system, I will do whatever I can to support my small business. I proudly introducing exploit version 2.0 (attached picture).

Two trade platforms and four fuel condensers. All supported by at least 25 big batteries and some big solar panels.

You may want to ask why I'm doing this, answer is simple - to get Hydrazine. Why? Because I want to trade for Lithium. Why? Because I want to build more batteries. Why? Because I want to be fully sufficient, independent and produce Hydrazine during the night.

In this configuration, I'm pretty busy. Produce Hydrazine, loading transport, sending... produce more, loading second transport and sometimes I'm not able to finish it, and my fresh delivery of Lithium already arrived.

Seriously... why I'm doing this? Because it's fun. Because it was my idea to do this and this is a sandbox game and I don't really want to feel any restrictions. My game, my world, my ideas. One day, when another patch will be released... you never know, maybe you want to join my world, where is no prohibition for energy. :D

Fuel.jpg

@Nasedo

You make/reiterate good points. There are big problems still in the game like the chronic fps issues many experience. The ALPHA has not even been out 2 weeks yet, and as evidenced by posts in the forums whichever devs who have skill in the areas that might be causing those kinds of problems are obviously working on it. There are at least one or two not terrible workarounds to sidestep the fps issue for most of us so it is not as big an issue as it could have been.  Since content and fixes are still coming, I respectfully submit that the visible work and changes we are seeing is what the people doing them are capable of. Not everyone is  a hardware guy, or a network tech or an interface guru. Also its the height of the holiday season so most if not all of them will probably be doing other things with a significant chunk of their time probably.

As you have demonstrated with your screenshots, the changes to the whole fuel system thing essentially did nothing to people trading for materials. Consider this then. If a change doesn't really stop you from doing something, was that the real reeason it was done?

I disagree there is little to do. Your correct that the game is a shell. That is more or less what "Alpha" means. Knowing its an Alpha, I don't *expect* the game to be full of things to kill and stuff to find and things to occupy my time. As a sandbox game I expect to set my own goals and try combinations of things as i please. Im using stuff for purposes they probably were not designed for, some experiments work anyway.  Also, who says there MUST be monsters running around in every game for you to kill or tame as pets or w/e? Who said every game MUST be made up of gorgeous high resolution textures stuck on everything in sight? There are textures in the game - watch very closely when a truck or spaceship is being created. Once the shape is complete the texture is added to it.

You said " And now, first question - what to do? Travel somewhere else, on the same, or different planet and build exactly the same repetitive structures. Will we surprise ourselves? I don't think so. ". I disagree. The world Im playing on is my third (the first 2 were broken heavily before I found the fps workaround that worked for me). My first base (its too far away for me to go get a screenshot atm) was more or less what everyone else has built..more or less a star pattern, has all the modules, batteries and power generators everywhere.  It has one thing most people don't seem to bother with however.. it has a wall 2 habitats high around it. My second base is the Ravine one. atached I excavated into the wall of one side then setup the buildings mostly as a ridge to have the wind/solar up high. Most of the machines are behind the ridge and when im at them doing things, storms mostly cant get past that ridge. My third base is more a research outpost underground. I learnt from my first base that there are many many Artifacts underground. Instead of transporting 10 or so artifacts up, I now open them all underground and then transport up Storages of materials. No point taking a screenshot of that one either since its just a habitat, a Research Module and some extensions for large Batteries that hook into my Train for power when Im down there.  Now that I finally got the Spaceship unlocked, Im designing a small "outpost" I will drop on every planet I can reach. Across every game, every one of my bases has been different as I learn how things work and I design new bases for what they are being created for rather than "I want to build a base here, I will build the exact same thing again".

ravinebase.png

@Nasedo Bitch, please :P

Introducing...

S.H.S - SEMIAUTOMATIC HYDRACINE PRODUCTION SYSTEM

Go to the extreme lateral side of a planet you want

S1QMIcb.png

And choose a base distant from horizon like this one. There the sun never sets and batteries are useless (for the base, not for underground exploration, of course). Full and uninterrupted power! Total efficiency!

jo87pzR.jpg

(Youll know that youre in the right side of the planet when the band of stars are horizontal like above. And... Well...

kv4hDTV.jpg

...The sun never sets!)

With the resin, copper and aluminium that you brought, do how many trade and fuel c. you want. Put all the fuel condensers on a line, side by side, on flat ground or slope like this:

olZtCiN.jpg

To harvest / auto-store the done hydracine in the most efficient way, put the camera in this angle:

QemUghT.jpg

That way you can quadruple/quintuple click fast as fuck the orange buttons and prepare an almost simultaneous wave of 4 or 5 hydracine at a time. Wait to it fullfil the power.

And talking about power...

uZ79kDJ.jpg

One solar panel for each fuel c. We don't wanna not even a second of delay in the power supply! I said TOTAL efficiency, baby! :D

When the power is back (all at once) just quadruple/quintuple click again and repeat the process ad infinitum! Just make sure you have enough storage, 'cause you'll be making Hydracine even faster than before 2.111 patch!

Ea4kIcc.jpg