Wyvyrias

First-Time-Posters Now Require Approval

As first-time-posters will now be put on moderation by default, the issue with the spam bots flooding the forums can be considered as "solved". If you haven't posted before, your post needs to be approved by a moderator before it can be seen by others. Once approved, your future posts will be shown immediately. Under normal circumstances, your post, if legit, will be approved within 24h. If there's an issue, please contact the moderation (preferable me)!

We're sorry if this change seems inconvenient and apologize if someone is bothered by this, but it's the bare minimum we have to accept in order to keep the spam bots out of public view.

Please also see: 

No worries, I'm just here to see what's new, maybe offer some opinions.
I purchased the game on Xbox1 preview and look forward to seeing it completed.

This is my first post from my Steam account. Waiting for approval, and thanks Rias for all you do here and on Discord!

18 hours ago, Doo_liss said:

Await approval here? we shall see...

Well, this thread isn't supposed to be the place for your first post. I mean, it works,  but you get the idea.

Posted (edited)

Wow, I feel like I was close to getting banned cause I almost posted the same post 3 times..... I didn't know I had posted it the 1st let alone the 2nd time

(This is kinda a joke)

Edited by Lucalian
(Clarification)

Erm, sorry if this not the right place for posting my query;but why can't I edit my posts more than once? Post count dependant maybe?

5 hours ago, Forgetaboutme said:

Erm, sorry if this not the right place for posting my query;but why can't I edit my posts more than once? Post count dependant maybe?

Right now there should be a 5min limit or so. So 5min after posting, you no longer can edit the posts.
I cannot do anything about those settings, I can only keep asking @SES_joe to make changes.

I see.  Not quite sure why someone would like to have it that way though. ;):D

Anyway, was no life death thing in the end, just confusing. But good to know that  post editing is working that way here.

Thanks for your response @Wyvyrias

As someone who has been here a while, I'm VERY glad this has been instituted... I've been in forums where spambots have so completely swamped the forums that it was just easier to stay away for a couple months and see if it got fixed than try to wade through the literally PAGES of spam posts before actually seeing a legit post.

Thanks to all the moderators for instituting this!

3 hours ago, The Gray Mouser said:

As someone who has been here a while, I'm VERY glad this has been instituted... I've been in forums where spambots have so completely swamped the forums that it was just easier to stay away for a couple months and see if it got fixed than try to wade through the literally PAGES of spam posts before actually seeing a legit post.

Thanks to all the moderators for instituting this!

We tried to avoid this because it will increase the delay before people have their posts made public (some can take 2 days...it depends on my time as I am mostly the only one cleaning the queue...there are other mods in the list but they're gone already). Also starting the day with going through 20 or 40 posts isn't too great either. But hey, it works!
Sadly we can't just fix the crappy spam filters of the forums. Not that they appear to have any.

21 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Also starting the day with going through 20 or 40 posts isn't too great either. But hey, it works!

I never said I was happy you have to take on so much new work, Wyvyrias. I'm just glad there's a process in place. I'd rather you have a chance to enjoy logging in for yourself, so improved filters would be ideal, but if this is what it takes...thank you for your sacrifice! If it weren't for my personal schedule, I'd volunteer to help out. But it's usually late evening before I even log in.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never want actual mod status/power, but I do hate that you're pretty much handling this alone. On this task, I'd happily help in any way I could. It was really getting bad for a while there, and I actually stayed away for a while when it hit the worst (at least I HOPE it didin't get worse than I saw it before stepping away), and was very happy to see it so much cleaned up.

With over 240hrs logged into Astroneer, this is an important game development to me, and we have (for the most part) a really great community here. I hated having to stay away, so I really mean it when I say: Thank You, Wyvyrias. For this, and all else you do around here. It's more appreciated than you may know.

Honestly, I have tons of time on my hand anyway. May as well use them for something productive. If Joe would finally give me a dark theme for the forums (and some other forum updates), I would have no issue at all...god bless my eyes...though if someone is willing to make me a proper theme for the forums that I can use through stylish...cause I can't do CSS at all.
And thanks. ^_^

The community is pretty tame anyway so there's not soooo much to handle.

Hi, I know I ain't supposed to post my first comment here but I am here just to see what comes out new and if I need to help out reporting any bugs now that I got the game for PC . Thanks

56 minutes ago, SinnerFTW said:

Hi, I know I ain't supposed to post my first comment here but I am here just to see what comes out new and if I need to help out reporting any bugs now that I got the game for PC . Thanks

Fair enough, I did have to remove your profile picture, though.
Please do not include any offensive/disrespectful poses in your profile picture.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Fair enough, I did have to remove your profile picture, though.
Please do not include any offensive/disrespectful poses in your profile picture.

Ok sorry I thought I had changed it to a image of a face I think , my bad won't happen again and Thanks .... How about now?

Edited by SinnerFTW