Titico7777

Arid planets no Resin on them?

Well, well I managed to build my first shuttle and I went to an arid planet but couldn't find any Resin, are they empty of  resin?

On other planets, resin is usually in caves. Though it's really not common.

I suggest to use the mineral extractor.

Haha, have a look at a streamed game on OneLastMidnight's channel, took us an hour and a half to pool together enough Resin to build the extractor AND have a have a template xD

I usually just build a short ramp down from base, into the ground, then pick a random direction, make a long tunnel, then facing one side of it, drill bore holes into the wall at intervals. Nearly always get plenty of resin and compound like that.  It is usually "near surface" but under the first layer or so.  So finding it in the walls or ceiling of caverns is quite common.

From what I've seen of other's playstyles, it seems many people just forget that you can just build a ramp right from where you start, you don't need to go and look for a cave.. just build your way down and mine everything.

Edited by Martin

Usually that is what I do and 100% of the time I find caves. Plus enough dirt for the crafting.

Well now you know that in future, prepare well.. and take at least one of everything with you.. then you can use the reclaimer to get anything else.  And alot of dirt.. oh you'll need at least 4 resin + 3 compound if you do it this way.  3 resin + 2 comp for the reclaimer, and one of each to act as patterns.  And bring plenty of canisters..

Edited by Martin