Star Voyager

Cursor Motion Update Xbox One

I understand I may be in the minority here but always prefer inverted Y controls for my camera/look feature in games. Your patch took that control style away when I enter cursor mode, or look at my backpack. I do not understand why that was changed. This to me is counter intuitive because I am still "looking" at my backpack, so up and down controls should not change from normal gameplay up and down.

I understand that the devs cannot please everyone but I hope that the option to set the controls the way the player prefers is coming soon. The change has made the game very difficult to play for me now, especially due to the amount of time I put in with the controls set the way I prefer them and prior to the change.

38 minutes ago, Star Voyager said:

I understand I may be in the minority here but always prefer inverted Y controls for my camera/look feature in games. Your patch took that control style away when I enter cursor mode, or look at my backpack. I do not understand why that was changed. This to me is counter intuitive because I am still "looking" at my backpack, so up and down controls should not change from normal gameplay up and down.

I understand that the devs cannot please everyone but I hope that the option to set the controls the way the player prefers is coming soon. The change has made the game very difficult to play for me now, especially due to the amount of time I put in with the controls set the way I prefer them and prior to the change.

Agreed. Inverted controls should be inverted for everything.

I love this game so I tried to play with the new control layout but I cannot do it... controls switching from inverted to standard... back and forth. The change based upon what interface I am in is crippling to my gameplay. I selected inverted controls in the options but it presently only provides inverted controls in normal camera view and in the zoomed terrain tool mode but then switches to standard controls in backpack view, cursor control and normal terrain tool mode. Please give us an option to set the controls soon... .my Astroneer exploring will be non-existent until  a fix. Thanks for a great game, I hope I can continue to enjoy in the future.