intromas

How to transfer save to another computer ?

Hi ,i am playing on various computer and i am looking for the files/directories wich contain "saves" to copy/paste those to another computer ?

Any kind of idea ?

thanks

p.s: sorry for my aproximative english ,i am french

Edited by intromas

Hello Intromas,

You should be able to find your saves at the following location, provided you are playing on a windows machine:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

Enjoy

Edited by Tao

17 minutes ago, Tao said:

Hello Intromas,

You should be able to find your saves at the following location, provided you are playing on a windows machine:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

Enjoy

Thx :)

Hey guys, 

I downloaded the Microsoft store version of Astroneer. I'm wondering if there a way of transferring saves from the steam to Microsoft store version of the game?

I assumed the save files were the same regardless of which PC platform you use. Have you tried copying the file from Steam and placing it in the correct folder in the MSS version to see if it works?

8 hours ago, Majestic_Mike935 said:

Hey guys, 

I downloaded the Microsoft store version of Astroneer. I'm wondering if there a way of transferring saves from the steam to Microsoft store version of the game?

It's a bit more involved than moving Steam saves!

Windows 10 save files are located in: 
AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks[Random#]\SystemAppData\wgs\[random folder]\[random folder]

You'll see that they use a different name convention. To import either a Steam save or another win10 save, you need to replace an existing save by renaming the incoming file. 

4 hours ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

I assumed the save files were the same regardless of which PC platform you use. Have you tried copying the file from Steam and placing it in the correct folder in the MSS version to see if it works?

I tried and it didn't show. it says its a different file type. Microsoft is "File" and steam is "SAVEGAME FILE"

26 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

It's a bit more involved than moving Steam saves!

Windows 10 save files are located in: 
AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks[Random#]\SystemAppData\wgs\[random folder]\[random folder]

You'll see that they use a different name convention. To import either a Steam save or another win10 save, you need to replace an existing save by renaming the incoming file. 

what would I rename the file to? 

I made a longer post on this a few minutes ago.  The process has become slightly more convoluted than it once was, and this is the safest way I know how transfer a save and not risk any existing saves you have.  I have done it repeatedly and also walked a number of others through it.  Let me know if you have questions.  

18 minutes ago, Gina said:

I made a longer post on this a few minutes ago.  The process has become slightly more convoluted than it once was, and this is the safest way I know how transfer a save and not risk any existing saves you have.  I have done it repeatedly and also walked a number of others through it.  Let me know if you have questions.  

Thanks Gina, that worked perfectly!

Just now, Blind Io said:

My instructions were more concise😜

Yeah, but without the Sacrifice.... the save you move/rename on the Windows side will be automatically deleted.  That's really the reason I made the post.  I've explained it all over the place, but now I'll save myself the effort and link it.  🤷‍♀️  Moving things into Steam is easy, just don't forget the .savegame extension. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Gina said:

Yeah, but without the Sacrifice.... the save you move/rename on the Windows side will be automatically deleted.  That's really the reason I made the post.  I've explained it all over the place, but now I'll save myself the effort and link it.  🤷‍♀️  Moving things into Steam is easy, just don't forget the .savegame extension. 

Still, I covered everything you wrote with 'replace by renaming'. Ease of use is for wimps!

(saves your link to clipboard) 

Edited by Blind Io