So I've done a load of mining, have a load of mats to make stuff and researched all the under ground items, so i set off in my truck to find crash sites, loaded my three rover trailer up and now i'm lost.

Can't see the home marker, been driving around for an hour with no luck so i'm probably even more lost that when i started.

Any tips for finding my way home?

Failing that any plans in the future for a base node that can be built from the back pack so i can just start my base afresh?

Happened to me a couple of times, only way I found my way home was drive around, best way is drive in one direction for a long time whilst checking your surroundings (left / right) with the camera angle to check if you see your home base pop up in the distance. If it doesn't work, change direction and repeat.

Beacons can also help in this case, place one down and like raise some ground in the direction your base was when you placed the beacon... of course this only works when you payed attention where you were coming from in the first place :)

Keep driving for now, you'll find it eventually ;) 

Edited by Tao

The planets small so it shouldn't be that long. Also I think the beacon's blocked by terrain so climb/build somewhere high.

i encountered this very same problem and came up with a fool proof solution ;) 

i went exploring in search of some space parts when i enviably got lost so after driving around for 4 days (solar panels come in clutch) i ended up collecting some compound and making a beacon i made sure i was in a wide open area placed the beacon and walked away from my truck until i suffocated when i re-spawned at my hab i made a quick shuttle and flew back to where i placed the beacon(or near it at least) while flying i observed which direction my base was from where i got lost (N, E, S, W) if you hover your mouse over your explorer a compass appears on the ground i then drove in the direction of my base and i am now home.

i plan to make a hab and travel back to where i got lost to start a new base there.

Hope this helps :) 

f9832786d1a7756b8c89423339208f05.png

As I say to a lot of people, follow the stars. The starting base is aligned with the stars so if you follow them you will get home. I made it around the planet like this and came right back to where I started on the first try.

1 hour ago, bananatrooper52 said:

As I say to a lot of people, follow the stars. The starting base is aligned with the stars so if you follow them you will get home. I made it around the planet like this and came right back to where I started on the first try.

Actually there is a compass in this game, just hover the pointer at yourself, and see what's on your feet. ;)

hah - i "tried" following the stars and ended up at one of the poles.

Realizing that the 1st was was essentially on the equator, I did use the compass (clicking on myself with the gun retracted) and hobbled my way East, and eventually to my base.

On 12/24/2016 at 8:10 PM, bananatrooper52 said:

This

On 12/24/2016 at 8:50 PM, drpsyko said:

Actually there is a compass in this game, just hover the pointer at yourself, and see what's on your feet. ;)

The compass can point you east or west, but you do still need the stars to tell you that you are staying close to the equator.  Otherwise, you could end up walking circles around one of the poles and never come close enough to your base to spot the beacon.