DragonAstroneer

List of GREAT ideas - I invite you to discuss about them :)

Hello my friends! :ph34r:
First of all I want to tell you that English is not my native language, so please forgive me for any mistakes.

Here is my list of ideas:

Crystal Currency
Astroneer not expose yourself for no reason. He explores the planet for economic purposes. For the game should be added currency (crystals able to mine) for which you would buy schemes.

Planets difficulty scale and schemes
The planets should have the scale of difficulty. We started on a planet with easy access to basic materials. Along with the progress, we would get better schemes which would increase the chances of survival more difficult for planets. The current system of research would be only to obtain rare materials from alien plants fruits.

Acid instead of gas
Alien plants should wrap acid instead of poison gas, it does not make sense because the character has helmet.

Don't add intelligent beings to game, life itself in space is rare.
Just add the simple alien creatures similiar to worms, spiders on some planets (not every).

Energy gun
Modification to the terrain tool amending it into a weapon powered by energy.

Energy cannon with seat
Energy weapon supplied by energy or power generators, it can be mounted on a vehicle, then the person sitting on back can shoot using this weapon.

Exoskeleton (a.k.a. better, faster, stronger)
Some objects like a fruits from alien plants and crates are large and heavy,  to raise them without the lift (please add them also) character should be wearing exoskeleton.

Simple PVP
Let the people fight in Dark Zones

Drone
Drone with different operating modes. Some examples:
- standby mode - drone with mounted energy weapon, protecting area from space pirates, alien creatures etc.
- tracking mode - would follow and assist the player, for exmaple he could move light objects and follow player to base.
- search mode - could check some area from above and send info to player throught radar.

Sentry gun
Sentry gun with different operating modes. Examples:
-friendly mode, protecing from only aliens
-hostile mode, protecing from aliens, players (Excluding friends)
-make it effective but power-hungry

Jet pack and vehlice booster
Add the module with jet engines that can be attached to a backpack at the bottom. Make it possible to add same enginees to vehlices allowing increase their speed.

Hunger, thirst, temperature, food, farms etc.
-add indicators of hunger, temperature, thirst, sleepiness
-add food and farm (greenhouse) modules
-add water and ice
-add machine to produce Soylent Green which can be prepared from organic materials. Make it basic food in game.
-seeds can be earned by trading platform, with their help, you can grow more nutritious foods.
- add different variants of the astronaut suits resistant to specific climatic conditions.

Radar, weather meter
Showing incoming storms, temperatures, wind speed, enemies and raw materials (if drone spotted them).

Possibility to change the brush size
Also add capacity to terrain tool and the ability to empty the vacuum, because It does not make sense that you can suck in the whole planet.

Character Customization
Add some options to change appearance of character.

Game reward system
Add the space capsule with gift(skin, crystal currency etc.) possible to get three times per week.

Hovercraft or hoverboard or hoverbike
Add a vehlice which hovers above the surface. Should be light and bit faster than rover, but not specialized in moving heavy objects.

Second habitat but bigger
With wardrobe - where you can customise apperance, sleep, keep some food and water supplies, hide from storm.

Rope and grappling hook
Causes new possibilities - climbing and attachment of objects

Music player
Listen own music from Documents/Astroneer/User Music

Miscellaneous
-add In-game voice
-deleting saves from game menu(not appdata)
-make possible to change language in settings
-make possible to rename saves
-add option in settings to look around without pressing RMB
-improve driving and change it to WSAD

Edited by DragonAstroneer

13 minutes ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Along with the progress, we would get better schemes which would increase the chances of survival more difficult for planets.

*survival on more difficult planets.

16 hours ago, DragonAstroneer said:

Hello my friends! :ph34r:
First of all I want to tell you that English is not my native language, so please forgive me for any mistakes.

Hello! Do not worry, some sentences have little mistakes but I understood everything perfectly :)

Most I like the idea with a crystals currency and difficulty scale for planets. Great idea to improve the gameplay.
Anyway, I had some similiar ideas, only what I'm missing on your list is a module that creates oxygen, because limitless oxygen from habitat makes not sense.

Edited by PlanetExploler

21 minutes ago, PlanetExploler said:

some sentences have little mistakes but I understood everything perfectly

Too sad that I can't edit this topic anymore :/

23 minutes ago, PlanetExploler said:

module that creates oxygen

That is great idea

14 minutes ago, Skully said:

don't worry, your English is great!

Thank you friend!

as far as the PvP, maybe would be just one entire planet similar to pluto or something very hostile and dead looking. but to have it on a different planet for flawless drop in drop out pvp similar to the division where there will be just one safe zone when you land, then you walk out into the war torn hell lol. very cool idea would love to see it added

1 hour ago, AstroTrips said:

as far as the PvP, maybe would be just one entire planet similar to pluto or something very hostile and dead looking. but to have it on a different planet for flawless drop in drop out pvp similar to the division where there will be just one safe zone when you land, then you walk out into the war torn hell lol. very cool idea would love to see it added

I was thinking about PVP on planets where you can find more rare materials. Something like high risk high reward, with a story background that people began to fight among themselfs because they were blinded by wealth, fortune etc.

Game should be mostly PVE, but with small PVP aspects.

1、你可以尝试minecraft的方式 ,增加更多的物品,以及制作清单,将物品分等级:基本级、进阶级、高级, 将星球分等级:  安全级、危险级、地狱。不同的材料分别要去不同的星球才可以获得,更好的材料可以通过去更危险的星球获得。

2、装备系统    有了PVE自然而然就应该有装备系统,升级背包容量 升级开采距离  护盾  等等、、、

3、地形平整工具   可不可以只点一下鼠标就可以把挖空的地形全部恢复成初始的样子

4、更容易获得物品,更难制造机器

I actually find that the planets already vary in difficult. One planet I had hard time finding compound, one had no resin, and although I never went to it, one planet said it was radiated or something in the description. 

Yet to visit them all cause my games keep slowing down and I have to restart.

7 hours ago, Drachor said:

I actually find that the planets already vary in difficult. One planet I had hard time finding compound, one had no resin, and although I never went to it, one planet said it was radiated or something in the description. 

Yet to visit them all cause my games keep slowing down and I have to restart.

Currenty on every planet you can find same raw materials. I have idea that first you landing on planet with basic resources, then for a progress you need move foward to harder planet where you can find some materials that you wasn't able to find on the first one. IMO it's a great motivation to explore more of planets and challenge to survive.

I want to see also Crystal Currency for which you can buy schemes.

One homepage of astroneer you can read.

Astroneer is set during a 25th century gold rush where players must explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives and resources in harsh environments for the chance of striking it rich.

It's mean that Astroneers explores the planet for economic purposes. Just imagine that you can spend some of crystals to buy schemes that will increase or will allow you to survive on a more difficult planet.

I thought a bunch of your ideas were awesome, i'd certainly like to see a bunch of them in game. ^_^

Things I definitely agree with:

- A universal currency or commodity (credits or crystals sounds great), it'd be awesome to be able to trade this in exchange for resources from NPC vendors (possibly space stations or "safe" zones.)

- Character customization.

- A Jet Pack would be awesome to add some much needed maneuverability.

- A survival aspect would make the game more of a challenge, and generally make accomplishing something more satisfying. 

- Automated drone sounds awesome!

Edited by Ethereal

Some of the ideals might be playable but can I point out that the game has not been on the EA market even a month yet ? Give the devs a little time to get the game to accept the things that need to be fixed before we bombard them with a market list of things that we would like to have implemented. That and the fact that a few of the ideals would take the game out of the ideal of the game road map and make it just like a bunch of the other games on the market ( there by killing a game that has a chance to expand in a different direction.)

I dont think that ideas from above can kill the game. The strength of Astroneer are mostly low poly visuals, terrain modification and unique HUD/UI. Even if they will add weapons etc. this game will be still original and even more enjoyable. 

For now I would only delete In-game voice chat from my list. Too bad that I can't edit topic anymore.

I don't mean to come off as  not liking your work or saying that the ideals as a whole might kill the game .      ^_^    What I am trying to say is for a game that has not yet seen its first month on market and has a team of only 8 people we don't really need to run up a large laundry list just yet. Give  the poor people their due for what they have done so far and understand that if we bombard them with a huge list people become discouraged and start to nay say the game for not moving fast enough on our requests . We as the gaming community at least owe them the time to take a breath from time to time.:)

43 minutes ago, Northstarranger said:

I don't mean to come off as  not liking your work or saying that the ideals as a whole might kill the game .      ^_^    What I am trying to say is for a game that has not yet seen its first month on market and has a team of only 8 people we don't really need to run up a large laundry list just yet. Give  the poor people their due for what they have done so far and understand that if we bombard them with a huge list people become discouraged and start to nay say the game for not moving fast enough on our requests . We as the gaming community at least owe them the time to take a breath from time to time.:)

I don't demand from developers to add everything right now. I just want to share my ideas with them. They decide when and what will be in the game.

Anyway I had idea about vehicle booster for vehlices but it's already in game, too bad that we can't craft it.0xbh5Al2lR2fw373ayCF8DQGRsx2LcdGdYnVG2IL

On forum should be ability to edit posts/topics with a history of previous editions.

Like a said before - English is not my native language and I would like to correct misspellings or add some new ideas to topic.

I'd love to see large scale PvE events once weapons are implemented. Such as the dust storms come every now and then, have a ship fly overhead or a pod crash with rare materials inside. I also think it would be cool to have the ability to build you own base. Maybe not free build, but large room/tower templates that could have utilities built inside in select designated areas. Maybe we could also get large drilling rigs that could dig down and auto collect resources when hooked up to a storage?