How about a food update, Growing our own food. A new Green Meter right above oxygen (or elsewhere) showing hunger.

Grow them in dome like pods that take up as much space as a Small Storage or maybe a bigger dome that takes up as much space as the Big Storage.
And maybe a new food processing machine and a machine to create water out of certain materials for the plants. the domes can have small slots to put on water canisters.

And readied food can be carried around in a container of some sort taking up one backpack slot or a bigger storage for trucks (maybe as big as the huge battery) .

So....another death meter?

I'm not for it. Oxygen is already something that may cost your life.
"Farming System" is actually on the roadmap in the backlog. But I'm not a big fan of that,
unless it does not act as a death meter, but just something similar as in Minecraft.
Where a low food meter impairs you in a way, but does not kill you.

Edited by Shabazza

When player all over already struggle managing their tiny inventory capacity, and ya'll just slide in for hunger, thirst, fatigue, stamina, boredom, temperature, nutrition, air pressure, diseases, predator, parasites, climate change, natural disaster, cancer, pregnancy, addiction, sunlight, physical fitness, sensory impairment, fear, social, bladder, wetness, humidity, atmosphere, blah blah blah

I just think it would be easy to implement.
Plus, the game is SUPER easy, It needs more challenge and more purpose.

Otherwise you can burn through the content in a day.

Just another bar to keep an eye on.

And as others have pointed out, our backpacks already don't have enough slots to keep all the life-support aids, canisters, and resources we want.

That and a general lack of base storage to keep already grown food.