:/ So I joined my friends game and tried to place down tethers but they wouldn't place down, I thought I was doing it wrong but found out I was doing everything correctly. Anybody else have this problem?

Just to be sure, I play with xbox controller on pc, it should work like this: 

1. Use compound to craft tethers and keep them in a regular backpack slot.
2. Press directional pad down to start placing them and down again to confirm placement.

Good luck

Edited by Tao

I'm on xbox and when I click down on dpad it pulls the tether out but when I click the right trigger to place it down, it throws it on the ground but doesn't show an oxygen wire

Edited by EndlesCranberry

Make sure it's on proper ground, not on rocks etc, and start from your spaceship. If you did all this it should work, otherwise it may be a bug. (try the dpad down *2 to put them down, i find this a bit faster to chain with)

I have been having this problem too. Every time I place them they do not connect to other tethers and do not give oxygen. For the moment I have to keep asking the host to place down tethers.

24 minutes ago, PredatorNeo said:

I have been having this problem too. Every time I place them they do not connect to other tethers and do not give oxygen. For the moment I have to keep asking the host to place down tethers.

Yeah exactly lol

6 hours ago, EndlesCranberry said:

:/ So I joined my friends game and tried to place down tethers but they wouldn't place down, I thought I was doing it wrong but found out I was doing everything correctly. Anybody else have this problem?

This is a glitch, only the host can place tethers to connect to the base and to give oxygen. hope this helped 

Bumping this. I was a guest in my brother's world on Xbox, and I was unable to place tethers that had oxygen flowing. I tried starting from both the base and then from one of his active tethers. Both attempts were unsuccessful.

Through testing, we have found that on Xbox, only the host can lay down functioning tethers, however, at this time, they cause horrendous frame rate drops and will make the game frustratingly unplayable. My advice is to build a vehicle as quickly as possible so that you can use it as a life support system instead of tethers until they patch the issue.