Let us choose the starting planet.

It would be nice to choose our starting planet - this could create new challenges for experienced players.

I, for one, wouldn't mind dropping down on the exotic planet for starters.

Totally agree.

This is one of the things I liked about the earlier versions of the game when you had the Shuttle from the start. I would just B-line the Shuttle and do a fresh start on a new world. The problem with the current version is that you need 3 modules just to get off the planet, and by that time you're researched to the point of the challenge being diminished.

I think it would be enough, when there is a button at the homescreen, where you can generate a new start Planet. Only to get an new geography or topology when the optical design is not your wish.

• 1 month later...

The idea seems amazing, but I'll have to disagree. Choosing every other planet but Terran would give you a huge disadvantage. No Compound, no resin just Lithium, Aluminum, Copper, Amonium etc which are completely useless at the beginning. They could of course just give Resin and Compound to every planet, but this would destroy the purpose of traveling.

Btw through config edits this is actually possible.
But as the user above me stated, you'd be at a huge disadvantage. Right now the start is balanced only on Terran. Starting on any other planet is extremely hard and takes a ton of time just to find enough resources for one or two platforms, assuming you can do that much at all (sometimes it's outright impossible). We tested it...

I have to echo the same sentiment as the last two posters here. Basic resources like resin and compound are so exceedingly rare, or non-existent in some cases, on the other planets that it wouldn't be just difficult, it would be impossible. Now, the other planets could be balanced to have more abundant resin and compounds, but I think that detracts from the point in exploring late game.