DevraDare

Unknown research... wait, didn't I just learn this one?

TL:DR  --  Research that you already know should say so... Change name from "Unknown Research" to "loot pod" or "Known Research" or whatever works best {insert name here}

So basically,  All of the research pods, (or whatever they are called) say unknown research. But we all know that's a lie... Just like the cake I was promised.

I would like to be able to identify whether something is going to be loot or really something I will learn. Cuz let's face it after a while we all start to choke on Lithium and Titanium. When what we really want is to learn to make a spaceship or truck or whatever it is that is left to learn. 

Anyone else want to have (Known Research/Loot) vs. (Unknown Research)?

I guess the fact alone that it shows "Unkown Research" indicates that it will show us what we already now and what not. I guess the feature is just broken or not ready right now.

Well there seem to be 2 basic kinds of "pods" you can find.
You can find one that will be materials such as from tress, stalks, under plants and falling from the sky of caves.  These seem to all contain lithium or titanium.
Then you can find other more unique looking "pods" which have a recipe in it.

They shouldn't just, tell you what is inside the point is you don't know.  

What they Could do is differentiate recipes from materials.  And, once you've opened up  enough material cases to know everything that could possible be inside, it should tell you what is possibly, inside.  So the forest and light green ones you pull down from stalks/trees is lithium and titanium, after you discover that, it should tell you "Lithium or Titanium"
I've never found a recipe in one of these average and normal "pods"

Now that shouldn't mean that the green and red wormy ones you find in caves would tell you they are Lithium and Titanium as well, not until you opened enough of them to know that.

Then, everything else, the things that do not give materials and only give actual research, will basically always say Unknown research.  Maybe not if you have discovered everything.

But basically what they should do and what you're asking them for is to distinguish between material findings and recipe findings and making sure there are good ways to distinguish between the two beyond the shape and color of the pod you're finding.

Each one of the pods do give you research... the first time. Take the green and red spiky "pods" for instance, The first time you attempt to learn them you will gain research. If you find them again it will be loot. I was suggesting that when the "Pod" no longer contains research for you to learn that instead of being called "Unknown Research" that it would say something like "Space Loot" or "Material Loot" or  {insert name here}.

I'd like this to be implemented soon. A lot of these "different" objects have similar models but are just colored differently. I'm color blind, so it would be very helpful if i could tell if i researched the green spiky one or the green spiky one.