Sign in to follow this  
corey skurray

a bit dissapointed with stream

was really hoping to find out what additions are planned to the game within a few months and beyond that but there wasn't much information given, seems those things are being kept quiet about?

i would like to say i'm glad to hear there won't be pvp, just because we live in a sick society where people get enjoyment by ruining the gaming fun of others game devs shouldn't accommodate that and encourage it just because many want it, big thumbs up for that

In a society that feeds on instant satisfaction, these Devs are doing a great job.

Edited by Pixels

4 minutes ago, Talvish said:

This.  Do you guys even attempt to learn anything about a game before shitting on it? -_-

No he does not, he's just here to probably complain instead of actually trying to learn something.

Just now, Pixels said:

No he does not, he's just here to probably complain instead of actually trying to learn something.

Right.  Not to mention the other streams the devs have done.  They're not going to rehash things they've already said several times for people who don't want to actually research about the game.  Ha ha.

13 hours ago, corey skurray said:

i would like to say i'm glad to hear there won't be pvp, just because we live in a sick society where people get enjoyment by ruining the gaming fun of others game devs shouldn't accommodate that and encourage it just because many want it, big thumbs up for that

This. its something that ruining ark right now and I think if they base the whole game around exploration instead of ppl trying to kill each other it makes everything better. If it means now we can only collaborate with other ppl and build stuff it just makes it a whole lot better. I like the way they approach things and really found the game to be extremely relaxing and fun to play right now.

1 hour ago, Pixels said:

for your information i give a lot of tips to astroneer lets players so don't talk rubbish, and this is why i am after information on content because i have totally exhausted the current content, why don't you learn to play the gamer so you can see the roadmap doesn't tell you hardly anything about content, it says nothing about upcoming vehicles, aliens, etc it says hardly anything about anything

if you want to have a go at people have a go at the countless people telling the devs about bugs that they already know about and have a high priority to fix, almost that whole stream was about bugs because so many people go on about them

here is just one of the many many examples ... i guess i should learn hot to play .... "

you might already know now but the spaceship is much better then the shuttle and it is best to fill it with only storage (and a habitat but sometimes the shuttle/spaceship lets you extend from it and build from that but most the time it doesn't let you (probably a bug that might be fixed now)) and take to new planets mostly resin and some compound, you can rebuild everything at the new planet, also trucks are best used just for the research pods, if you build the trade platform and the fuel condenser you can trade the fuel for other resources so you don't need to go out collecting resources, when going to a new planet it is best to set that up soonest so you don't have to hunt down the resources, just trade for others that you need ... you will probably also want to take a little copper/aluminum to the next planet, off the top of my head unsure how much but maybe 4 of each on the backpack, might need more"

37 minutes ago, corey skurray said:

for your information i give a lot of tips to astroneer lets players so don't talk rubbish, and this is why i am after information on content because i have totally exhausted the current content, why don't you learn to play the gamer so you can see the roadmap doesn't tell you hardly anything about content, it says nothing about upcoming vehicles, aliens, etc it says hardly anything about anything

Not hard to do that.  You can exhaust the content in the game within 2-3 hours.  The point of the game right now is finding bugs, reporting them, and fixing them.  Optimizing the game is very important as well.

This game was literally released not even a week ago.  What the hell do you expect, dude?

It's called having a responsibility to people who want to see this game succeed.  I'd rather have a game that is optimized and as close to bug free as possible before they spend time on talking about what they're going to do and actually DOING shit.

Piss off. :D

yes and i know more about this game then any let's player and i was saying i am disappointed there wasn't much information on upcoming content, i said nothing about not wanting people reporting them i'm saying if you want to have a go at people, i was giving feedback that hardly anything is known about upcoming vehicles and other content and that is what we are also supposed to be doing, why don't you piss off and go learn to play since you think the roadmap answers the upcoming content questions

Mainly because they are in a bug fixing stage of the development to make sure ppl can actually play the game... lol. As for content they discussed about a lot of things that are coming in the stream itself not sure what you were watching dude but they revealed a lot of upcoming content and how they are going to approach things.

You can find more here as well : https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-road-map-planning

Edited by Freaky

1 hour ago, corey skurray said:

yes and i know more about this game then any let's player and i was saying i am disappointed there wasn't much information on upcoming content, i said nothing about not wanting people reporting them i'm saying if you want to have a go at people, i was giving feedback that hardly anything is known about upcoming vehicles and other content and that is what we are also supposed to be doing, why don't you piss off and go learn to play since you think the roadmap answers the upcoming content questions

"I know more about this game then any other player" Please take your ego and your self entitlement somewhere else. Quit crying, and play the game.

it is stream, not steam, i am talking about the 2hr video they did recently and the reason i was disappointed is i was giving suggestions on the game with ideas on future content but i had no idea what has already been decided on what will be implemented and what has been decided what won't be implemented and was hoping the stream would give more information on future content, here is the thread where i was giving suggestions

23 minutes ago, corey skurray said:

it is stream, not steam, i am talking about the 2hr video they did recently and the reason i was disappointed is i was giving suggestions on the game with ideas on future content but i had no idea what has already been decided on what will be implemented and what has been decided what won't be implemented and was hoping the stream would give more information on future content, here is the thread where i was giving suggestions

To be honest at this stage, I doubt even the Devs are 100% down on what they plan other than approximates and it won't be until they try something that they'll find out if it can actually be done, this was the mistake Sean Murray made with NMS, he made promises that he couldn't keep and the supporters "lost it".  The road map gives enough basic information, but at this stage, expecting a list of content is just not really feasible.  Once the roadmap has been updated with ideas that are more or less setup and planned, then you'll have some idea of what is coming.  But I expect there's actually several paths of ideas on the go right now and they've not quite settled into which they'll follow, if any.. I've seen EA's completely change in graphics, textures, content.. seen months of work just get thrown out because it wasn't viable with other content.. it's too early to be asking for information that likely, simply doesn't exist yet.

yes and the video and roadmap is perfectly fine and contained more then enough information but it doesn't help me with suggestions, i could had delved deeper but i didn't want to waste my time and energy trying to come up with suggestions on future content, maybe i should had explained better why i was disappointed but whatever

Jumping and Gun mate, don't worry about it.  Maybe look through the suggestions pages and see whats being talked about the most, ideas that have alot of input into them often appear in the games at some point.

Haven't they posted a roadmap as well as priorities? The game is fantastic as is. Anything they add is welcome. I would like it to run smoother, hopefully the latest patch is a good fix.