Sparkless

Missing backpack craft UI

Hello, after last update once note that essential crafts have been unlocked appears, craft ui (arrows and "craft" button) disappears and never returns back. Havent died, haven't anyhow broke progress of the game. Even restart of game doesn't work. Since you cannot craft anything past this point, you are stuck. I'm playing via Steam. There are no phantom invisible buttons eighter.

astroneer screen.png

Yeah, this was my concern when I heard they were removing auto-power on the backpacks. They really need to make a hard-locked tutorial section walking the player through the start process. If someone got started and burned their power without making a generator, they are stuck. Maybe making a tutorial system that guides you through the process of 'restoring power' to the landing pod, and you can't do anything until you complete the process of making a generator and powering the pod the first time (which would also power the player's backpack)...

The new system is fine for those experienced with Astroneer, but for newer players, you HAVE to spell it out for them, or they may just give up and return the game. Since you can deform 'down' free of power use, at least you can harvest plants... I wonder, though... Is it possible to have a starting place that has no plants in backpack O2 range?

On 24.10.2017 at 8:42 AM, The Gray Mouser said:

If someone got started and burned their power without making a generator, they are stuck

Is there even any way to use backpack power for anything other than the small generator?
(Ok, well... there may be one possibility, and that is finding an augment at a crash site... Unsure if finding one still possible, though. Even if it is, you know how rare that is)