Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Harpoon

Managing saved games

As of January, I have made a routine of always make a backup of my saves before I start a new game session. This was after being trapped in an unplaced Habitat several updates ago. I start a new game after a larger update but I’m also testing old saves after a new update. Some are left unsaved and some are expanded with the new functionality and then saved.

It’s nice to have a “perfect base” with all researched and a good amount of materials stacked up and then test a new update on it. Since I also play on three different PC’s (from Steam), I also move saves between them.  Another idea is to have a base with all researched done and base completely build with the bare minimum exploration done. This way many of the resources and research is still around and the save file size is still small. The more digging, exploration and space travel you do, the bigger the save file size seems to grow.

My question is has anyone figured out the save file mechanics? Often there are more the one file for a save slot. Copying a save file, rename it and put it back with a new slot name, does not fully duplicate a saved game it seems.

If I can duplicate a save files on the same PCs, then testing is easier. It’s a little difficult to keep track of all the saved files stored in a separate file structure.

Cheers
Capt Harpoon

20171015185654_1.jpg

Pink bubblegum? All found on a new save on current release. The only one not found so far is the green cube with crystals. Has anyone seen it?

Cheers

Capt Harpoon

20171015184516_1_jpg_9c83abc85802e2982a5d48409f72f901.jpg

Research_green_orange_crystal.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 12:08 AM, VegaTanksWOTB said:

What is the pod in the top right quadrant, I do not recognize it, is it from an older update?

I think he's talking about that small craft with the landing legs. 

T4RsVe2.jpg