Trayshar

Ressource storage

I got an idea and want to share it, but I dont know whether this had been suggested before, so I apologize if this is the case.

The main problem I have in my world is that I got about 20 completely filled medium storages in my base. So I thought about an trade plattform - like module sending ressources to a space station. You can request ressources from there and send some up - but not both at the same time.  I would prefer a limitless capacity.

Thanks for reading,

Trayshar

12 minutes ago, DKeith2011 said:

Thanks to the mineral extractor you don't need to store resources, just spin up what you need on demand.

Well, thats no answer to the problem. The problem is that, after some time, you found about 30 stacks of lateit and malachit from mining and Im not able to store them.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:23 AM, MonochromeInkpad said:

Yeah. We need something like a storage silo, (or Trayshar's idea), so we don't have to dig holes to store large amounts of material.

Yeah i feel you, i hate having a ton of resources and no were really efficient to put them, because i like to be organized so i dig a hole for each specific type and it works in all, but its also sloppy. i want a cool storage option for extra resources a silo sounds cool and a way to label it so you know which silo is holding which specific type of resource. like a color coded ring around the top the represents the resource thats inside. 

I would love to see a new Research that makes Storage Stackable Pylon....Costs 2 Compound creates 2 Discs separated by a cylinder that holds 8 resources and when placed on a 2 slot allows another 2 slot to be placed on top of it.... Would look similar to the rocket on the Trade Platforms stowage part.   Also being able to stack would allow power generators to be able to be placed on top...... Reducing the footprint of bases would be awesome.