Xero

Unable to identify remaining charged cells in medium battery

Hi, PC, Win10, Steam

Because the battery keeps itself centered in the screen (the camera rotates around the center of the battery), it's impossible to determine how many cells remain charged and how many cells need charging. I tried running around, dragging the camera directly over it, I have no idea how many cells are charged in my medium battery right now. Technically I can make out 9 cells in 16, and I know I have 3 and a half remaining of those 9, but I have no idea what the other 7 cells are like without counting down as the battery drains. Hope you guys find this helpful and take it into consideration.

It was a suggestion of somehow maybe being able to know how many cells are left to charge. I understand how it works, but if you head deep into a cave or go exploring (without tethers and in a vehicle for example), you don't want to use more than half of your total battery life (say I'm using a med. rover with a med battery on back and don't want to wait until morning to charge both the battery and vehicle), so without having to count how many cells deplete my suggestion was to have a way to do so. If you're telling me there's no way they're interested in that, I understand.

Here is an wiki page that may serve as some kind of identification manual for power and other related stuff: https://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Power

To be said, there won't be any counter that tells how many power you have left, as astroneer uses a dialectic interface, means most of the information you get are gained comes in a rather alternative visualization which favors less practical visual such as the reddish outlining around your screen red rather than a 2D interface such as health bar,

there are audible cues that that beeps for every bars of power consumed, and a warning sound that appear when the vehicle's batteries are left to 25%.