motion sickness

Preacher

Astronomer is causing me to get motion sickness after a few minutes playing - this has happened continuously every time i play and it forces me to stop - 

maybe its the continuously spinning stars in the horizon - maybe its the low gravity - but for whatever reason - I love this game but cannot enjoy it - 

Last week when i first bought it i played for over an hour and was feeling sick without realising why - Please give me some advice or make a setting in game to stop people getting motion sickness

Im running an ASUS PG 278Q 27" monitor 

144 Hz refresh rate  2560*1440P resolution

I've tried a lower refresh rate at 60Hz but still get motion sickness - it might need a higher FOV or something else - - please advise on a fix so I can play this game like everyone else without feeling ill after a few minutes 

1 hour ago, Preacher said:

I've tried a lower refresh rate at 60Hz but still get motion sickness - it might need a higher FOV or something else

Well, lower refresh rates and a higher FoV would only make motion sickness issues worse...

Did you notice some kind of motion blur when moving? By default the game usually has that. It can be switched off through the configs, though ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/discussions/0/152391995411417599/ ).

I switched off motion blur right at the beginning of my setup last week so it's not that -  - but thank for the reminder - I'll check again .

I suspect it has something to do with the constant swirling of the stars on the horizon and also the low gravity simulation - 

there are only two games so far  that give me motion sickness - 

Ghost recon wildlands and Astroneer - 

world of warcraft which I've played for over 8 years has NEVEr given me motion sickness