Terrain Tool NOT WORKING

IAmGrover

I can use the terrain Tool just fine to dig. But when I try to flatten surface or build dirt, I'm greeted with a giant red X on my cursor on my terrain Tool. This didn't use to happen. How to I fix it? 

IMG_3386.JPG

2 hours ago, IAmGrover said:

I can use the terrain Tool just fine to dig. But when I try to flatten surface or build dirt, I'm greeted with a giant red X on my cursor on my terrain Tool. This didn't use to happen. How to I fix it? 

Hello!  Welcome to terrain being a limited resource in the new patch. 

If you're playing an old save, it's highly recommended you start a new one and actually follow the tutorial steps to learn what changed.  But, in a nutshell:

1. Deforming terrain no longer requires power.  (Unless you're using augments)

2. Sediment is now stored in canisters.  Removing terrain adds sediment to a canister on your person, creating terrain removes sediment from the canister.  If all canisters are empty, you can't create terrain.  If all canisters are full (or you have no canisters), any terrain removed is lost.

3. Canisters can be crafted from the backpack using 1 resin.  

4. The outer ring of your terrain tool gives a visual indication of how much sediment you have on-hand.  It'll be split into sections, one for each canister.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 11:04 PM, Dewin said:

Hello!  Welcome to terrain being a limited resource in the new patch. 

If you're playing an old save, it's highly recommended you start a new one and actually follow the tutorial steps to learn what changed.  But, in a nutshell:

1. Deforming terrain no longer requires power.  (Unless you're using augments)

2. Sediment is now stored in canisters.  Removing terrain adds sediment to a canister on your person, Removing Terrain with a drill bit will add soil into canisters within a 2 rover radius of the connected crane, creating terrain removes sediment from the canister.  If all canisters are empty, you can't create terrain.  If all canisters are full (or you have no canisters), any terrain removed is lost.

3. Canisters can be crafted from the backpack using 1 resin.  

4. The outer ring of your terrain tool gives a visual indication of how much sediment you have on-hand.  It'll be split into sections, one for each canister.

• 3 years later...