JohnSmith666

Planetarium Module (see image)

Let's say you want to go to a Tundra. You have to enter orbit to see where it is. So you load up some hydrazine, go up, and, surprise, Tundra is literally on the other side of the solar system.

With a planetarium module, you have an always-active model of your solar system that, in real-time, shows you where every planet is, which in turn lets you know when the best time to explore is.

59e1ff8cd0cf0_MobileModule.thumb.png.3f6922e89bd8efd412046b83538c6253.png

It basically looks something like this, but instead of 2D icons its the actual model. Perhaps you can upgrade it in the future and have it give you more information, or maybe actually visiting the planet then coming back and updating the planetarium module (maybe in-sync with the ones on every other planet?) provides you with information on things like how much resources are left, time to fly there, etc.

At the end of the day, it could turn out to be a really nice looking thing and I think the game could use some pretty furniture to style things up.

What do you think?

That's a pretty fresh idea actually, would even go well with the core design of the game, and that way we won't waste time waiting for the planet to align properly.

I love this idea! However, I have one suggestion. It needs to be more functional. All the modules we currently have are built for a purpose and cost energy and sometimes resources to do some action. How could that be incorporated into this idea? 

This is one great idea. I always had to load up fuel, take off, check where is Exotic (coz my second home is there), Facebook while waiting for it to arrive.

This is gonna be an awesome idea. Kudos!

Pretty cool idea, and this also goes very well with the "teaching" spirit of the game. Would be cool to have it a bit more 3d with extra visuals for orbits and maybe indication for speed and rotation angle to show the physics. 

Pretty cool input @JohnSmith666! +2 from my side :)

It's a good idea, but there should be a prerequisite before it will display the solar system information.  For example, first you would have to launch a scanning satellite.

To build the scanning satellite, you would have to scavenge the parts from crashed ships & satellites found on the surface (or down in caves) on Terran.  Maybe that would be a good use for the thruster which is already in the game.  Also you would have to process fuel (Ammonium) for the satellite. 

On 11/11/2017 at 11:03 AM, Pi_ said:

It's a good idea, but there should be a prerequisite before it will display the solar system information.  For example, first you would have to launch a scanning satellite.

To build the scanning satellite, you would have to scavenge the parts from crashed ships & satellites found on the surface (or down in caves) on Terran.  Maybe that would be a good use for the thruster which is already in the game.  Also you would have to process fuel (Ammonium) for the satellite. 

Sounds good! Nothing wrong with a little bit of (balanced and fair) work to make the result more rewarding.

What if you could build a launch pad/receiver in which you could send resources from one planet to another and you select which planet it goes to with the planetarium thing

Would be great to have smth like observatory. With new research 2.0 you need to use bytes to unlock each new planet. Also make some resource specific for each planet and vary rare for other.

Edited by Wyvyrias
Fixed phrasing to avoid misunderstandings

On 11/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, Pi_ said:

+1

6 hours ago, Rebelord said:

I keep seeing +1 no idea what it means

It's just a quick way to show you like or agree with someone's post.