Kory4MVP .

New Update - LOST ALL SAVE FILES!

Does anyone know if I will be able to get my save files back that I lost due to the new update? I am extremely frustrated and honestly may not play again as I am not starting over with the amount of time I put into the game. Thank you for anyone who can help!! Also the game looks like layers are stacked on top of one another and some of the terrain is invisible as you can see in the video......

2017-10-12 20-27-25.mp4

Please do read the patch notes!

Disclaimer: Up until this point, we have worked hard to make sure older saves were compatible with the newest versions of Astroneer. While old saves will be "compatible" with our newest update, we highly recommend you start a fresh save. Use old saves at your own risk, and please keep bug reports limited to savegames that were started fresh during 215!

As unfortunate as it may be to some, please generally do not expect your saves to survive updates. While they usually still work, using a save from a previous version often causes various issues. (Pre-)Alphas are absolutely nothing you should play if you expect your progress to last! The beta stage would be the very first point to expect this.

I have played other Early Access and have never lost a save file. I am disappointed to say the least. And the disclaimer says they may be compatible, mine do not exist at all. I didn't even have the chance to see if they worked lol. I do appreciate your reply. It's a shame because I honestly put in so much time and I am not willing to do that again. This was one of my favorite games since it launched. Thanks again

Well there are plenty games that do wipes regularly. Rust and similar games require straight out require (save) wipes every 1 to 3 months. As for the disclaimer, well yes, it says it may not be compatible. Means if it's not, then that means they won't show up on the first place (just like a the Windows 10 registry wouldn't be able to carry over and import an Windows 8 registry), so that's nothing unusual!

But yeah, if you put a lot of effort into a single save (I assume stuff like sculptures? Anything non-creative would be easy to re-gain in a few hours), you should wait till this whole thing is stable enough. You may be looking at another 1 or 2 years until then, though.