ItsFaded

Plugin 'SlateRemote' could not be found

Please help i haven't been able to play astroneer in months.

It shows me this error (the image) Then just closes the game soon as i start it up.

Capture.PNG

I don't think this is even supposed to happen to the consumer version.
Are you on Steam, Xbox on Win10 Store? In either case I start by suggesting to fully reinstall the game!

Please help! I have the same problem on windows 7! I can`t start the game for 3 months now and cant find the solution!

Windows 7 huh...that particular OS is having lots of weird issues with Astroneer.
Is the OS fully updated, has service pack 3 installed etc? This may be an issue with the runtimes!

I hope this suggestion does help,

I did a quick search of "slateremote plugin" and the quick skim of the results indicated it is a Unreal Engine related issue with incremental updates.

suggested fix is
1. to delete the game data folder in steam ".../steamapps/common/ "gamename"..."

or

2. to delete the game data folder in C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\"gamename"

note: this was the reference that I quickly skimmed for the fix https://steamcommunity.com/app/310380/discussions/3/2333276539593519257/

the added hint that was given was the time frame also of the when could not run the game. Maybe the same time when the Unreal Engine runtime was updated?

Edited by HandleHookButton
PS note