IonizedPope

Excavation Update: Fuel doesn't work, Condensator doesn't produce fuel, fuel canisters won't refuel tank of ship

1. Mouse and Keyboard
  2. STEAM, Version 0.4.10215.0 of the game
  3. OS of the 2 online MP clients: Windows 7 (host) & Windows 10
  4. I was playing online coop with a buddy before the excavation update on october 12th, everything working as intended (regarding fuel, fuel condensator and refuelling)
    After the excavation update, fuel just won't work, as well as the add and flatten terrain function

Astroneer_Bug.JPG

I am using a save from a previous version, played the same save just a few hours for the excavation update!

The save itself I think was first created back in June, the played again and saved again todays morning and then again after the update.

I am having this exact same issue and came to the forum to report. It's the first major bug I've had. I cannot move on from this planet because of it! Is the only solution to start over? I've already put several hours into this play through.

3 hours ago, IonizedPope said:

I am using a save from a previous version, played the same save just a few hours for the excavation update!

The save itself I think was first created back in June, the played again and saved again todays morning and then again after the update.

That's the issue. It's a miracle a save this old even allowed you to load.

Please read the recent patch notes! 

Disclaimer: Up until this point, we have worked hard to make sure older saves were compatible with the newest versions of Astroneer. While old saves will be "compatible" with our newest update, we highly recommend you start a fresh save. Use old saves at your own risk, and please keep bug reports limited to savegames that were started fresh during 215!

As I always suggest to everyone: Do not even consider getting attached to your saves. This is currently a pre-alpha, and prior to a beta stage, I wouldn't expect saves to last forever. Generally, you should make a fresh save with every new update to keep the issues to an absolute minimum.