SES_joe

"The Excavation Update" - October 12th, 2017

I get no organic generator recipe upon game start. Still have the solar recipe in my backpack.
And I also don't get an oxygen tank like someone mentioned. Only an inhibitor and a canister.

How do I get that generator? And yes, I am running experimental build.

11 hours ago, Shabazza said:

I get no organic generator recipe upon game start. Still have the solar recipe in my backpack.
And I also don't get an oxygen tank like someone mentioned. Only an inhibitor and a canister.

Is this fresh, new save? Or one of you're older, pre-215 saves? If it's the latter, then you might be screwed. The Devs did mention in the notes that up until now they have tried to allow for older game saves to still be usable, but not this time round.

If this IS a new save then I don't know why you can't print a small generator. You also shouldn't be able to print anything else yet either. Do you have at least one nugget of Compound? That's what you need to build small generators now, whilst small solar panels are now made out of copper (interestingly, both medium generators AND medium solar panels are built out of copper).

Hope your answer is somewhere there.

I landed on the Exotic planet in a new save.  LOVE that planet now.  Except one thing.  I can't find any resin to save my life.  I'm stranded, probably going to have to start growing poop potatoes....

23 hours ago, Shabazza said:

You said it - you are on experimental. It is at least weeks old, has an earlier version of terrain as a resource, no backpack tutorial, plus a bunch of bugs that had not been fixed yet.

8 hours ago, wondible said:

You said it - you are on experimental. It is at least weeks old, has an earlier version of terrain as a resource, no backpack tutorial, plus a bunch of bugs that had not been fixed yet.

You mean, EXP build is older than regular? Why that? I thought the EXP build is always the newest stuff.

But thanks for the hint.

5 hours ago, Shabazza said:

You mean, EXP build is older than regular? Why that? I thought the EXP build is always the newest stuff.

But thanks for the hint.

They do it differently than some other developers. Experimental happens at very specific times to test very specific things, and is not updated otherwise.

6 hours ago, Rob Grey said:

Still haven't found Master Chief, but I know he's here somewhere....

He was floating through space on the remains of Forward Unto Dawn after the Installation 00 campaign, at which point he was magically rescued by the Infinity and promptly put back into service with the rest of Blue Team to inspect the missing Argent Moon.

And NOTHING happened between those two historical points.

Especially nothing about the music.

Just opened Astroneer to find out the save I made yesterday was gone... 

It was a fresh game 215, played a couple of days, made a lot of save-load and now it is gone.