I was playing the trail just to make sure I really am in love with this game (and i am) but sometimes for no reason at all the framerate drops to an estimated 10 fps. also the graphics get a bit hazy at this time. The first time it happened it was for more than 10 seconds, but the second time it was only for about 5.

Have you noticed any relationship between the framerate drops and what you are doing. I have noticed that you cannot drive any vehicles near tethers without a near total frame rate drop. I actually restarted a new game and I have refrained from using a single tether. I have not had a single issue since. While its harder to get started you can manage without the tethers. I am curretly using 3 additional air tanks which are made from titanium found in research drops and 3 batteries using lithium also found in the research drops. This has allowed me to travel 3 times further and still leaves 4 spots if you equip one of each tank on the ports on the top of the backpack. Plus once you get a rover the tethers are esentially useless.

Got this from another thread: -NOSOUND helps me to get an average of 10 more fps it think.

But in addition to this it helps if you take away most of the connections(these ones for transfering oxygen and energy) you dont use back to your inventory. The more i have from them on my planet, the less my fps are. Maybe this helps to find out what the problem is. Nevertheless - awesome game!

My specs are: GTX 960 4GB, 8GB of Ram, AMD FX 6300