Just_Red_Fox

Ability to destroy modules, habitats, vehicles and etc.

I think that players must have ability to destroy their creations, because they may want to rebuild their bases. Also I had very interesting bug with shuttle and habitat(I'll post about it in "Bugs & crashes".

Baaaaah +1

Will be particularly important for the vehicle construction module as if you build a truck, and then a crane, without having a way of moving said truck, you become unable to build another vehicle with that module.

Ah whan dis tooooo

There could be problems like destroying the only hab on a planet with no way to make another or destroying a root platform of a base with no way to reconnect the outer ones, clearly there needs to be some safeties on this. But it should be done.

What if storms could damage the base as well? Perhaps this could be a way, not an ideal way, of deleting bases. 

I agree that there should be some way of removing modules and other items, I accidentally built my modules too close together and now they overlap and are very difficult to use. Also the ability to remove sir even move large plants or rocks that we may have dug up and are now cluttering our base, maybe a despawn time. There has got to be a better solution than dig a tree sized hole and bury it 

22 hours ago, Naught4fun said:

I agree that there should be some way of removing modules and other items, I accidentally built my modules too close together and now they overlap and are very difficult to use. Also the ability to remove sir even move large plants or rocks that we may have dug up and are now cluttering our base, maybe a despawn time. There has got to be a better solution than dig a tree sized hole and bury it 

Space Chainsaw to chop the space tree up into organics? xD

Deconstructing the base would be a capitol idea.  I've had to restart my game several times because of odd placement and misjudging the angle and distance for the next nodule.  

I prefer free adding/removing platforms and modules in any place. Then connect two nearby platforms like in pre-demo videos. We have wonderous "Deform Tool", why we cannot have "Platform Tool" as well? Could use Resin block from inventory.

On 23.12.2016 at 9:25 PM, Naught4fun said:

You have that orange thing to move objects.

Also creative use of deform tool will help you.

+1

Completely agree and would take it one step further. 

One of the things I found most fun about this game was how modular everything is. The idea that you can use objects in multiple ways feels like space survival. Making do with little or figuring out how to configure is most of the fun.

I'd like to see the ability to not only destroy, but also to disconnect/re-position everything and anything. Storage units on the back of a truck, your original habitat unit, any connecting pods, etc. Everything should be something that can be pulled apart and moved and reconnected. Just like you'd be able to do in a real environment.

This is an area where Minecraft has set the proper standard to follow with great success.

Edited by Sproket