Game Crash on Landing down on planet with large base - Multiplayer

Voltic

After playing with a friend and building a sizable base (Approximately 7 - 10 different pads and a good amount of tethers in the world), either of us crash eventually and when trying to rec-connect and re-join, the game instantly freezes as soon as the landing pod passes the clouds and the base attempts to load. 

Same here. Upon entering a friends game, I crash when I get to about the cloud level and was launching in. The base was fairly large , having 9-10 different stations, a truck, and many tethers coming from it.

We have had the same issue. What we have tried is right away don't build anything you don't need to be able to find the research of the habitat and eventually build a base far from the original. This allowed us to join back into the world if we did crash but if you approached the new home base sight with a good amount of pads at that sight the game would once again crash. 

57 minutes ago, Hunt81 said:

We have had the same issue. What we have tried is right away don't build anything you don't need to be able to find the research of the habitat and eventually build a base far from the original. This allowed us to join back into the world if we did crash but if you approached the new home base sight with a good amount of pads at that sight the game would once again crash. 

So are you saying if you build the habitat and make a base there, no matter how big, it'll be fine?

Or are you saying that you have to build the habitat with a few buildings, and the other base with a few, and so on, to avoid crashing?

Just unclear exactly what I should aim to do to avoid crashing.

Many thanks in advance man, this is really frustrating.

Sadly no you can not make a base far from spawn as large as you want. After more fooling around we found that once any one base got so big (roughly 7-10 pads) the game would crash for non host players if you approached the base to quickly. I was able to get back to our secondary base if I approached very slowly. We had a tether line going from where you spawn into the world all the way the our secondary base and I would follow a long that. As i got about 15-20 tethers away I would stop at each one allowing the game to think and load and walk to the next. If I ran right at the base the game would crash. 

We have not yet tried making multiple bases with only 2-4 pads in the area but I am pretty positive spreading out the bases so that they aren't in the same loading chunk should allow you to move freely without crashing. 

Willing your stating base where you join into the world is very small you can at least rejoin into a multiplayer game without it crashing every single time on re-entry. Ours has not crashed on re-entry yet. Good luck out there!

Just chiming in that I've been experiencing this bug with my friend also. Thanks for narrowing it down to being caused by the base size, hopefully it helps fix this soon as it is currently unplayable in multiplayer. Loving the game despite its issues as it is early access.

I am having this same issue. There were 4 of us playing on a good sized base with walls built up all around it. The player hosting the game had to restart, he can join the game fine but when any of us join we crash as soon as we pass through the clouds. Super annoying.

ReportQueue.zip

UE4CC-Windows-D580716A460D5BC8423CE089E351E98A_0000.zip

Had the same problem. Also with an issue that the pod stays in the game after my friend crashed. So every time he tried to rejoin the game crashed. Don't know if it was due to a large base or the fact that his pod was still there so his new pod merged with the old one.

Hey, so I think I found a solution for it and it's as simple as waiting and letting it render more at the load screen. It has so far worked for me so give that a shot :)