tambourilla

Running Issue (UE4)

Hi,

I've downloaded the game on steam, and installed the C++ redistribuable required by ue4.

After launching, the game still require to install C++, but this time the button "uninstall C++" appear, and it's a dead-end-street.

I though it was because my laptop runs a wated version of win7 (I know... but the laptop was delivered with win8 and I think it sucks).

So I've tried on the laptop of my girlfriend, who's running legit win8, and it had the same issue, the exact same way.

What am I doing wrong ? Is it ue4 ? or what ?

Thanks

I have a desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro with GeForce GTX 750Ti graphics board and an i7 920 processor and I cannot run Astroneer.  I've even went to Epic games to install the unreal engine directly from them thinking that might help but it doesn't.  So while in Steam and hit play for Astroneer I get an error message that says:

The following component(s) are required to run this program:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime

Would you like to install them now?

And there's a YES and NO button.  Naturally I click YES and then a UE4 window pops up showing progress of the install.  It completes and the window (titled UE4 Prerequisites (x64)) says "Setup Successful" and a close button appears in the bottom right.

Great - should be all set - right? wrong. When I click again on PLAY for Astroneer it asks the same question obviously not realizing it was installed but then a UE4 window pops up with modify and the button at the bottom right says UNINSTALL.

So this is the ugly loop with no game play available on this machine.  I've up to date on windows, my video card drivers, even the unreal engine...  cannot figure out what I'm missing.  PLEASE HELP.

Edited by ajn2004

I have a desktop computer with GeForce GTX 750Ti graphics board and an i7 920 processor and I cannot run Astroneer.  I've even went to Epic games to install the unreal engine directly from them thinking that might help but it doesn't.  So while in Steam and hit play for Astroneer I get an error message that says:

The following component(s) are required to run this program:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime

Would you like to install them now?

And there's a YES and NO button.  Naturally I click YES and then a UE4 window pops up showing progress of the install.  It completes and the window (titled UE4 Prerequisites (x64)) says "Setup Successful" and a close button appears in the bottom right.

Great - should be all set - right? wrong. When I click again on PLAY for Astroneer it asks the same question obviously not realizing it was installed but then a UE4 window pops up with modify and the button at the bottom right says UNINSTALL.

The problem is with the installer and not the software.  Go to \Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015  Inside this location click on the appropriate executable (x64 if you're running a 64 bit operating system and the x86 file if your not I believe).  Once it runs the Visual C++ is now installed properly and the game now runs on my machine.  Woo hoo!!  [THANK YOU SOU7H!!]

Try running the program located at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us"

This is the Prerequisites for UE4, which is probably what is prompting you to install anyway, but it's worth a shot.

Peliex.

21 minutes ago, Peliex said:

Try running the program located at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us"

This is the Prerequisites for UE4, which is probably what is prompting you to install anyway, but it's worth a shot.

Peliex.

Just for info, that doesn't fix the problem, it's exactly the same issue as described by ajn2004.

The problem is that UE4 doesn't recognize that C++ 2015 have been installed already.

But, thanks anyway.

Edited by tambourilla

The developers said that they are actively working on this specific issue.  Apparently, the issue only exists with people running Windows 7.  So in the meantime, I would suggest trying to update Windows 7 to it's newest version, if you aren't already.

Peliex.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I would prefer to wait for the OSX version, rather than updating my win7 to 8 or 10, no way^^

Edited by tambourilla

Someone found that deleting the .dll file located in 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\OpenVR\OpenVRv0_9_12\Win64

would sometimes fix the issues of the game crashing on startup, try that, and see if it works?

Peliex.

On 12/19/2016 at 11:15 PM, Peliex said:

Someone found that deleting the .dll file located in 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\OpenVR\OpenVRv0_9_12\Win64

would sometimes fix the issues of the game crashing on startup, try that, and see if it works?

Peliex.

Thanks man, but it doesn't work, in this case it's still the same issue : C++2015 install/uninstall/install/uninstall... ^^

I tried both on my laptop (win7) and my gf's laptop (win8).

Edited by tambourilla