1 hydrazin 1 resine?

atrip3

Hi!

I'm testing the new beta update and I don't agree with new balancement system.

When I move up to another planet/moon, I need a lot of resine if I want to start my new base and hydrazine is like my money for exchange other materials that couldn't be find except travelling.

I'm fine with double requirement of energy to make it work, but this adjustment hasn't made me happy.

P.S: "This is the way meant to be played". Well, if a lot of players enjoy doing farming of fuel, why not? And if you don't want play like me, you are free to play as you like.

Thank you :)

As I didn't installed new BETA version so far, I'm not sure how it works. I read it will be double requirement for energy. I will accept it, but still can't see common sense in this decision. If someone will be able to produce many batteries, wind turbines as well as solar panels - any double, triple or quadruple requirement will be no problem at all.

Before we had "exchange rate" 1 hydrazin = 2 resine and if I understand this correctly, now it will be 1=1. I'm not sure about coal but it costs before 4 hydrazin = 1 coal or maybe 8? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dear Devs and Players - do you really think it will make game more attractive? It will be exactly the same "exploit" but the work will be double and our poor Astroneer will be just running without any reason.

Maybe if it was to easy, it's time to change rate for game itself? Many of us could prove earning 20$ or equivalent is not a problem to earn, so let's raise a price. If everything should be double - double the price :P

1 minute ago, Nasedo said:

As I didn't installed new BETA version so far, I'm not sure how it works. I read it will be double requirement for energy. I will accept it, but still can't see common sense in this decision. If someone will be able to produce many batteries, wind turbines as well as solar panels - any double, triple or quadruple requirement will be no problem at all.

Before we had "exchange rate" 1 hydrazin = 2 resine and if I understand this correctly, now it will be 1=1. I'm not sure about coal but it costs before 4 hydrazin = 1 coal or maybe 8? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dear Devs and Players - do you really think it will make game more attractive? It will be exactly the same "exploit" but the work will be double and our poor Astroneer will be just running without any reason.

Maybe if it was to easy, it's time to change rate for game itself? Many of us could prove earning 20$ or equivalent is not a problem to earn, so let's raise a price. If everything should be double - double the price :P

You got the point, now 8 hydrazin = 1 titanium, which isn't fair because 8 compost/resin = 1 titanium

Although you may see this as a negative, it resolves a key point in the game in my opinion.

Farming Hydrozine for trade is not what the developers had in mind when making this game.  Removes the purpose of building and outfitting a vehicle and going exploring for resources.

You'll adapt.

Sell your hydrazine before price drops. Exchange this right now, refuel all your ships... tomorrow could bring another update and hydrazine will be cheaper than sand. :o

1 hour ago, LowJacK604 said:

Although you may see this as a negative, it resolves a key point in the game in my opinion.

Farming Hydrozine for trade is not what the developers had in mind when making this game.  Removes the purpose of building and outfitting a vehicle and going exploring for resources.

You'll adapt.

Why changing? If you don't like this way, don't follow it. I don't understand why all is complaining about that. I built a vehicle too and I went exploring and gathering resources, so it doesn't break the experience, but it enhances, makes me free to choose how to find resources.

You and I have paid 20$ and hearing "you'll adapt" is quite disrespectful, isn't it?

Hey, it's not so bad, I found that Coal is a better commodity to trade now that they devalued Hydrazine...Coal is the new hydrazine.JPG

And there's a lot of Coal around, if you know where to look :P

Edited by Astroneeer

What are you playing the game for when all you do is clicking one button at the condenser, run to the trading platform andpress another button to get all the ressources you'll ever want? 

Before the patch you had like 15 minutes until you gathered all the ressources, now it takes 30 minutes. Or you could explore the planet and have a whole lot more gameplay.

I think the current situation with the fuel condenser is just a placeholder. I guess and hope that later the fuel condenser won't be able to produce hydrazine out of thin air.

Just my 2 cents,

Snafu

1 hour ago, atrip3 said:

You and I have paid 20$ and hearing "you'll adapt" is quite disrespectful, isn't it?

No, because it's a very early version of the game and things will change a lot. 

1 hour ago, atrip3 said:

I do agree. We paid for the game where we should have opportunity to do whatever we want, in the way we want. Some people starting complaining, and Devs quickly changed for them. If this game is too easy, maybe get rid of all vehicles, because we can go to fast everywhere and we should just walk? Maybe just shrink capacity of backpack? Not 8 slots, as we have - but just one, especially for few hardcore players or maybe we shouldn't have a backpack at all, having backpack making life easier, let's make it harder.

3 hours ago, LowJacK604 said:

You'll adapt.

Excuse me, but are you mind reader? Do you really know what they had in mind? This game is made for players = customers. Why hardcore players should be better than casual players? Did hardcore players paid more? I gave solution long time ago - making everyone happy is giving option of difficulty. Three levels - been invented ages ago: easy, normal, hard. Everyone will be happy.

41 minutes ago, Nasedo said:

I do agree. We paid for the game where we should have opportunity to do whatever we want, in the way we want. Some people starting complaining, and Devs quickly changed for them. If this game is too easy, maybe get rid of all vehicles, because we can go to fast everywhere and we should just walk?

Well the game is supposed to be easy right now, so everything can be tested easily and by a huge playerbase. If only a small group of player is able to reach the endgame many bugs could be left unnoticed.

You guys are "jumping each others throats" over small balancing issues, while the main goal are working game mechanics. How much Restin/Titanium or whatever you'll get for one Hydrazine is probably just a small change in a config or similar.

well the old mechanic is ok if Astroneer is only stuck in single player mode.

For multiplayer mode, the old trade rate is too powerful that basically you don't need to interact with others to get resources.

Honestly I think the new trading system can help improve a bit of current research mechanic.

Currently if you researched everything, what do you think instantly when you see a research node? To me, "hmm... A piece of junk again."

Anyway happy exploring.

This is ok for a future creative mode I guess, getting resources for free basically, since energy is free. But for a real survival experience I really hope they get rid of the trade station, this is a survival game after all, you are supposed to have to go out there and risk your life in caves and mountains if you want the rewards, not just sit there in front of your condenser pumping fuel out of thin air and exchanging it for rare materials, there's no sense of achievement in that, there is no fun in that.

I would expect that when the game goes live we will see the condenser or the trade launch take much much longer.  It would only make sense because as it is right now it's completely easy mode.  I would get bored way too fast if it were left like it is since there's zero challenge once you have unlocked all the items.

5 hours ago, Nasedo said:

I do agree. We paid for the game where we should have opportunity to do whatever we want, in the way we want. Some people starting complaining, and Devs quickly changed for them. 

Excuse me, but are you mind reader? Do you really know what they had in mind?

No, you paid for a game that was clearly labeled as "early access". If you knew what that meant, you wouldn't say something so conceded. Just because you paid for the game doesn't mean that the devs will just make the game the way you want it. Sure they listen to the community and take suggestions, but in the end they're making the game THEY want to make, because it's THEIR game, not yours, you bought a COPY of the game, which is yours to do with as you please, yes, but in the end is a COPY. You can do whatever you want in a game you make yourself, but just because you'd rather sit in your base and farm fuel for hours to gather resources and do whatever you want doesn't mean that you're entitled to criticize people for playing the game the way it was intended.

No, he doesn't have to be a mind reader, because SYSTEM ERA TOLD US WHAT THEY HAD IN MIND. The reason the patched this in the first place is because THEY DIDN'T WANT IT IN THE GAME, not because people complained. Read the patch notes for god's sake. They WANT you to explore and gather resources, and discover the world around you. Do you really think they had you sitting at your base doing nothing but twiddling your thumbs in mind? Especially after they went through the trouble of putting trucks, rovers, and spaceships into the game?, along with drills, cranes, winches, etc.? No. I didn't think so. If you want the easy way out, play the creative mode when that comes out. You can have all the fuel and resources you want then.

Edited by Omegasys

1 hour ago, Funkeneer said:

This is ok for a future creative mode I guess, getting resources for free basically, since energy is free. But for a real survival experience I really hope they get rid of the trade station, this is a survival game after all, you are supposed to have to go out there and risk your life in caves and mountains if you want the rewards, not just sit there in front of your condenser pumping fuel out of thin air and exchanging it for rare materials, there's no sense of achievement in that, there is no fun in that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly, it also takes away from the gameplay of the game drastically. Here I linked my suggested fix for the situation, which I think would make the game still more challenging, but also keep the trading post viable.

10 hours ago, LowJacK604 said:

You'll adapt.

1 We shouldn't have to.

2 Use of the trader, is to trade.  Kinda pointless if you keep lowering the price to the point noone uses it.

3 You don't need to exploit it, you have a choice not to.  If people are weak willed, that's their problem, it shouldn't be everyone elses.

4 As a result of this whinging, I have to stand next to a condenser for twice as long now, to refuel my ship, so i can go and find bugs..

Maybe now I don't feel as much obliged to report them.  Maybe I'll report half as many.  Balancing like this should be done at the end of the content lifecycle, not at the start of it.  It's normal for games to release 10x harder than the were in beta.

Edited by Martin

4 hours ago, Omegasys said:

No, you paid for a game that was clearly labeled as "early access". If you knew what that meant, you wouldn't say something so conceded. Just because you paid for the game doesn't mean that the devs will just make the game the way you want it. Sure they listen to the community and take suggestions, but in the end they're making the game THEY want to make, because it's THEIR game, not yours, you bought a COPY of the game, which is yours to do with as you please, yes, but in the end is a COPY. You can do whatever you want in a game you make yourself, but just because you'd rather sit in your base and farm fuel for hours to gather resources and do whatever you want doesn't mean that you're entitled to criticize people for playing the game the way it was intended.

No, he doesn't have to be a mind reader, because SYSTEM ERA TOLD US WHAT THEY HAD IN MIND. The reason the patched this in the first place is because THEY DIDN'T WANT IT IN THE GAME, not because people complained. Read the patch notes for god's sake. They WANT you to explore and gather resources, and discover the world around you. Do you really think they had you sitting at your base doing nothing but twiddling your thumbs in mind? Especially after they went through the trouble of putting trucks, rovers, and spaceships into the game?, along with drills, cranes, winches, etc.? No. I didn't think so. If you want the easy way out, play the creative mode when that comes out. You can have all the fuel and resources you want then.

Are you trying to say, If I paid for the game and expecting something it shouldn't happen, but the same way when you expecting something it will happen because you know what is the best for all of us? What I'm what to criticise is lack of choice.

Please, explain for me if you can, why other devs in atoner games like No Man's Sky and Subnautica gave an option for players, allowing build for free - without gathering any resources? It looks, like some people prefer that way. Are those people sitting in their bases? Maybe they are, why not to allow them to do this?

7 hours ago, Omegasys said:

Now you're exaggerating this. This is the right time to complain devs' decisions, not when ASTRONEER is 1.0. Also System Era wants players's feedback and I, as a player, I don't agree with this solution. I don't criticize your way to play but I would play mine if the devs want listen to me.

I keep exploring, traveling, dying.

Watch No Man's sky: its gameplay is very dull, only masochists want them (eliminate resources from inventory, no chests, THE INVENTORY IS FULL, mining, mining, mining)

Watch Minecraft: you need to survive (don't starve, don't be killed by creepers) but you can choose how to gather resources (mining, trading with villagers, exploring, creating farms etc.) and THIS is a huge point to Minecraft.

I think multiple ways to gather resources is crucial to make a better game than NMS.

If you don't agree with me, it's ok. I'm pleased to share opinions about that.