SES_J

Steam Patch 0.2.109.0 Live on [beta] Branch. Please help test!

Is this patch available, or going to be made avaialble, for Xbox one? Got this game the other day btw and absolutely love it it has amazing potential and I can't wait to see it develop.

1 hour ago, UberSlackr said:

What exactly does this mean?

When you branch a new platform from an existing one, you should no longer be able to turn that first existing platform into a crafting platform. Sometimes you could, now you can't.

Will there be something added into the game for iron? I found it and smelted it but I cannot seem to find anything that requires iron, I also believe I have researched everything but I may not have.

I started a new save with this beta patch and have been playing for 3 - 4 hours without any new issues and have "exercised" quite a bit of the functionality in the process -- unlocked most of the research items and traveled to Barren and built stuff there.

8 hours ago, SES_Jacob said:
  • Double the power requirement and production time of the Condenser (Probably more we should do here to make it even less OP, will consider changing up the fuel mechanic in the future)

Hi! One suggestion regarding this fix ( which is working perfectly I might add ) but its more a cosmetic suggestion instead of a productive one. So, here are my 2 cents: Instead of adding a second row of "power tubes" wouldn't be nice if you just modify the speed rate of which the power is decreasing by 50% instead of 100% how was in the first place and removing this new row of "power tubes".

Also, the fuel is still an "OP" solution for not gathering various resources, even if you cut them by 50% as long as you have wind turbines\batteries\solar panels\etc + 2-3 Fuel Condensator modules = profit.

I will post more bugs from [beta] patch as they appear, good luck, Astroneers!

After updating to the beta version, I loaded in and this giant solar panel that was previously fine was now stuck. I tried digging it out but it won't budge. Not sure if this is a known bug that happened before the beta, but this was the first time it happened to me.

508802F0A68195A327284B09EC0DAB6E5D8EC70F

There is a bug that I noticed today with the Fuel Depot. You can pull off the small Hydrozine barrels early and use them as normal. So you can just like 5-6 barrels of fuel per cycle if you sand there and pull them off early. 

Awesome for this! So glad to see improvements in action. This is a super fun and addicting game and such a cool concept. Love everything you guys have created here. I have already put in a ton of time and look forward to enjoying it more. 

Any chance that you guys might be posting updates and info/news to the game hub activity feed on Xbox in the future? 

The FPS still drops every time my Air-laser gets connected to a new object each truck in a linked-truck chain, each base (single base building), etc. when it disconnects 1 part and connects to the other it drops the fps for like a few milliseconds, which is especially annoying when you're out with like 5trucks chained together and every time you walk past them you have to experience 5 quick fps drops ..

Apart from that, its just the usual bugs, weirdly-unconnected terrain (like the floors have gaps) and of course random materials appearing around you every time you load the game again that's less of a concern, "Oh suddendly theres resin there!" :P

But ye the FPS overall is waay better, except for those micro-drops

(Intel i7 6700k, AMD 390x)

Edited by DeadSix

1 hour ago, SpeedOfSmell said:

After updating to the beta version, I loaded in and this giant solar panel that was previously fine was now stuck. I tried digging it out but it won't budge. Not sure if this is a known bug that happened before the beta, but this was the first time it happened to me.

When you load a save from a previous build, there are bound to be some glitches. It's always best to start a new save when testing this kind of stuff out.

9 hours ago, Nafen said:

The hub on my Tundra planet turned into a ...nothing :D 

Hide contents

Untitled.png

Yes, same happens to me, and if I press one of the pipe lines game crashes (in video).

Also there are some visual bugs when loading the game after any update, as can be seen before I get out of the spaceship.

Started a new game to avoid compatibility issues and found a bug that keeps me from building my base : feeding 2 resins to a "ungrowed" platform that is not the LAST platform in the line does nothing. It doesn't transform into a fully growned usable platform. Though if the platform is the last in the line, then the two "resin" symbols are still there and the platform then grow.

Screen attached :

platform on the left : will not grow, can stay like this for hours, the resins are not consumed.

platform on the right : will grow

20161223001004_1.jpg

Freeflying in a chair

-WINDOWS 10 WITH STEAM-

I was playing on a friends world( He was hosting, I was joining), and we were driving around in a rover with 3 other rovers in a convoi.

While he drove, I took off the seat from the vehicle while in speed, and after moving it around - getting the blue tether wire - suddenly it disapeared. After that, I was able to fly freely on earth, and partially in space, using only the chair.

After I had almost flewn to another planet, I pressed TAB to exit the "vehicle". It then started lagging immensely for both me, the client, and my friend, the server. After a few seconds with what appeared as me falling, the hosts game crashed.

20161223000431_1.jpg

20161223000637_1.jpg

20161223000829_1.jpg

I know it has been posted somewhere before but as for the Condenser you should change it so you need the Crystals and then have the Condenser making it to the Fuel containers.

7 hours ago, Nzero said:

Hi, my game doesn't start at all after this 0.2.109 patch. I tried to remove and reinstall my game or ever delete the local files still not working but when i'm back to the normal build, It working fine.

I was able to get it to launch, but it took an abnormally long time.

1 hour ago, Nurf said:

There is a bug that I noticed today with the Fuel Depot. You can pull off the small Hydrozine barrels early and use them as normal. So you can just like 5-6 barrels of fuel per cycle if you sand there and pull them off early. 

In the current patch?

That is strange. I saw that previously. In fact, I actually just decided restarted the game to turn on DVR on my PC and make a recording to report that bug (and show how it could be exploited with trade platform quickly), but when I logged out the game patched and the bug was no longer there for me. The Hydrozine is not selectable while it is being pumped now, for me.

5 hours ago, UberSlackr said:

What exactly does this mean?

The Small platforms weren't meant to be ale to have 2 resin placed on them after they were ranched off so you could have big platforms with branches.

Big platforms were I believe intended to be the "End of the line" items.

14 minutes ago, BushKillFalls said:

The Small platforms weren't meant to be ale to have 2 resin placed on them after they were ranched off so you could have big platforms with branches.

Big platforms were I believe intended to be the "End of the line" items.

It makes sens in a way, I was able to create a vehicle bay with collisions and no room for the vehicle to spawn that way.

But that means that big platforms can only be linked to the pod? That's a shame, it limits the size of your base big time..

I would suggest you not try to save previous version game saves. I know some people fuss about that. but if a fix requires the player to start a new save SO BE IT! I would prefer a bug squashed than stumbled with because someone wants to keep their terrible first world.

How can Xbox One players contribute to testing the game if there is no way for us to participate in the beta builds?

Almost seems redundant for us because we can only catch what gets passed the beta build which is still probably already being tracked.

Can we get a heads up in the patch notes going forward what you guys are trying to focus on fixing so we can concentrate efforts in a more focused effort.

Or maybe if you guys want to start up a Target thread that you can point out targets that you want more testing done on?