Jax2

Game unplayable on high end system - stutters non-stop

Recommended Posts

Hi all. I just got the game and was excited to try it, but right after the install, it is unplayable. I land on the planet and try to move and the game pauses for up to 2 or 3 seconds at a time, lets me move a tiny bit, then stutters again. As there are no real graphic settings available, I couldn't lower the quality, but it shouldn't be an issue either way. From my DxDiag, my system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD FX-8300 8 core , 3.3ghz

12.2gb ram

DirectX 12

Display: GForce GTX 760 with 2048mb memory (Although DXDiag shows 8091MB of memory)

I can play almost every game flawlessly that I've tried so far, however, this game just will not run smoothly no matter what I do. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Is there even one?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jax2 said:

Hi all. I just got the game and was excited to try it, but right after the install, it is unplayable. I land on the planet and try to move and the game pauses for up to 2 or 3 seconds at a time, lets me move a tiny bit, then stutters again. As there are no real graphic settings available, I couldn't lower the quality, but it shouldn't be an issue either way. From my DxDiag, my system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD FX-8300 8 core , 3.3ghz

12.2gb ram

DirectX 12

Display: GForce GTX 760 with 2048mb memory (Although DXDiag shows 8091MB of memory)

I can play almost every game flawlessly that I've tried so far, however, this game just will not run smoothly no matter what I do. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Is there even one?

Thanks!

 
 
 

The game is fairly unstable right now, but your graphics card is on the older side and your cpu is lacking. Other than that, you might just need to wait a little bit for some updates.

Edited by Daroguetoaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How could an 8 core 3.3ghz cpu just be ok? As I said, it plays every other game I've installed flawlessly... GTA5 runs like a dream on highest settings, as does everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stability and optimization seems to be a top priority for them since launch. But at this time it is unstable as warned being an Early Access title. Regardless of specs, unless they don't meet 'minimum'.

 

Sorry it's so stuttery for you. Bar usual suspects like checking your drivers, reinstall the game etc.

Steam or Windows store?

Edited by Secret Squirrel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I came to a point in the game were it began to stutter unplayable too. I have a newly build computer which I didnt thought it should have any problems with any game:

- Intel Core i7 6700K
- Gigabyte Nvidia 1080Xtreme 8GB
- 32GB GSKILL 3200
- Win 10 Pro 64Bit on Samsung SSD 960 Pro 256GB
- Game partition on Samsung SSD EVO 850 1TB
Very much better I think is not affordable at the moment, I love the system.
Didnt found "any" game so far which cannot be run sopersmooth in HD with max details.
Oh wait, Elder Scrolls Online...40FPS if set all to max...well programmes that crap

I call it second-stuttering. Every second or so the picture freezes for a short enerving duration. It looks like the system is calculation something.
The problem didnt exist from beginning. First all was supersmooth. It began suddenly after creating my second truck.
I tested some things. I found out that the connection between my 4 vehicles was the final nail.
When I disconnect the connection between the vehicles its getting suddenly better.
Or when I drive away from the base its getting better too.
Its not getting graduatly better. Either I have unplayable short freezes every second or the system runs smooth.
Assuming it has something to do with the count of objects, connections and/or physic-calculations.
From a point of building more and more objects something in some calculation or a memory area is exceeding a limit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daroguetoaster said:

The game is fairly unstable right now, but your graphics card is on the older side and your cpu is lacking. Other than that, you might just need to wait a little bit for some updates.

I can't complain about stability and I played about 25 hours so far. Being honest with all of you guys, no crash at all. Maybe I was lucky, I don't know. I have the same graphics cart GTX 760 2GB - and could play well following space games: No Man's Sky, Grav: Reborn, Planet Explorers, Elite Dangerous (without Planet Landing), Osiris: New Dawn (still early access), Everspace (since been released), ARK: Survival Evolved, Empyrion: Galactic Survival and had no problems at all with those games, considering my graphics card is on "the older side".

Just two games I could complain a bit: Subnautica (frame drops, when I travelled quite fast) and Space Engineers (but I played this game long ago and gave up, maybe is better right now) where recommending 16GB of RAM but I still have 8GB.

What I did noticed: No matter what GPU you have, including my GTX 760 with 2GB or what @JonnyBGood said GTX 1080 8GB - eventually happen the same:

57 minutes ago, JonnyBGood said:

Now I came to a point in the game were it began to stutter unplayable too. I have a newly build computer which I didnt thought it should have any problems with any game:

- Intel Core i7 6700K
- Gigabyte Nvidia 1080Xtreme 8GB
- 32GB GSKILL 3200
- Win 10 Pro 64Bit on Samsung SSD 960 Pro 256GB
- Game partition on Samsung SSD EVO 850 1TB
Very much better I think is not affordable at the moment, I love the system.
Didnt found "any" game so far which cannot be run sopersmooth in HD with max details.
Oh wait, Elder Scrolls Online...40FPS if set all to max...well programmes that crap

I call it second-stuttering. Every second or so the picture freezes for a short enerving duration. It looks like the system is calculation something.
The problem didnt exist from beginning. First all was supersmooth. It began suddenly after creating my second truck.
I tested some things. I found out that the connection between my 4 vehicles was the final nail.
When I disconnect the connection between the vehicles its getting suddenly better.
Or when I drive away from the base its getting better too.
Its not getting graduatly better. Either I have unplayable short freezes every second or the system runs smooth.
Assuming it has something to do with the count of objects, connections and/or physic-calculations.
From a point of building more and more objects something in some calculation or a memory area is exceeding a limit.

 

No matter if I have 8GB of RAM or 32GB like @JonnyBGood its the same. Using HDD or SSD - no difference. Windows 7, 8 or 10 - it happens for all of us.

Regardless of computers specifications, it happens for XBOX users too.

The final thoughts. Now, when I load my game, but still in my shuttle and trying look around, remaining in shuttle (not pressing TAB key), despite the fact of complexity of my base - no drastic FPS drops. But if I leave shuttle, "second-stuttering" happens since very fist seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now