So basically imagine a parasitic plant that can take over the dead corpses of failed astronauts. 

Now hear me out, you've probably heard this a dozen times, but imagine you're going through a cave. You see an astronaut standing up and walking, as you approach him you slowly see a yellow glow on the side of his head. He shrieks and charges at you as you sprint back above ground no idea how to fight him. Lots of research needs to be put into research I guess... 

Little-known fact: SES is as much opposed to can openers as they are to having guns in the game, which makes in-game zombies impossible.

How so? Follow the thinking:

1. We know as a fact there won't be can openers in the game.
  2. Now, how could a zombie astroneer attempt to eat your brain without a can opener to get the top off your helmet first?
  3. And what use is there for zombies that can't even eat braaaaaiiiiinnnnnsssss? None!
  4. That's why there can't be zombies in the game. QED

P.S.: :D

Not to mention how irritating  it would get Watching/Hearing a Zombie Astronaut banging his helmet against yours and wither away from lack of Brainzzzzzz....

EXO Corp  is a cruel master already.....Don't let Withering Zombie Syndrome ruin your day.

THIS AD SPONSORED BY EXOCORP...... MAKERS OF CANNED ZOMBIE ASTRONEERS

3 hours ago, KeeblerOrc said:

How about Sparkling Teen Heart Throb Vampire Astronauts?

If I commented on that one, I could end up in trouble considering that are minors frequenting this forum.

On 9/27/2017 at 9:33 PM, Eoghan said:

Little-known fact: SES is as much opposed to can openers as they are to having guns in the game, which makes in-game zombies impossible.

How so? Follow the thinking:

1. We know as a fact there won't be can openers in the game.
  2. Now, how could a zombie astroneer attempt to eat your brain without a can opener to get the top off your helmet first?
  3. And what use is there for zombies that can't even eat braaaaaiiiiinnnnnsssss? None!
  4. That's why there can't be zombies in the game. QED

P.S.: :D

The whole brains thing is a stereotype first off, I'm not talking stereotypical zombie, as we've seen in the game most of the dangers are organic creatures, however none of them can move. If there was some sort of parasite that could attach itself to a dead astroneer, the parasite could use the astroneer as a host. As for the guns, you don't need guns to kill zombies, be creative. Dynamite has been used to blow up the plants in the game, and even using your matter gun to dig under things and break them. The zombie could be blasted or dropped to its demise. So I'm standing strong by my idea despite your half assed cynicism.

Don't take it personally but the game could do without the video game staple of Zombies or zombie-esque enemies. 

8 hours ago, Zeribax said:

The whole brains thing is a stereotype first off, I'm not talking stereotypical zombie, as we've seen in the game most of the dangers are organic creatures, however none of them can move. If there was some sort of parasite that could attach itself to a dead astroneer, the parasite could use the astroneer as a host. As for the guns, you don't need guns to kill zombies, be creative. Dynamite has been used to blow up the plants in the game, and even using your matter gun to dig under things and break them. The zombie could be blasted or dropped to its demise. So I'm standing strong by my idea despite your half assed cynicism.

Sorry if my "half assed cynicism" offended you. My initial reply (with the obvious and intentional flaws in its logic) was very clearly meant to be taken with a good pinch of salt. Not as a personal attack but as exasperation at seeing yet another "I want monsters" post. That same exasperation can also be seen in the other comments to your post.

Read the 2 topics pinned at the top of this section. And while you are at it, scan the other pages for suggestion titles. Monsters (i.e. ambulatory, hostile creatures players must kill before they get killed by them) have been suggested many times. Too many times.

SES has already said, more than once, they had no plans to have monsters in the game. No matter what you call them, no matter where they come from, no matter how they attack players, no matter how players kill them, they do not belong to this happy, optimistic and relaxing game.

Off to play with my Hello Kitty action figures. I sure hope no mean nasty ugly monster tries to kill them. [Salt shaker emoticon]

WELL!...... I wouldn't want to be accused of being a 'half assed' cynic...... not when I can be a 'Whole Hearted Cynic'......

On a twist of SES cannon...... Sometimes a group of people go kicking and screaming "We will Never" this or that.... and at some point change things "They" would never do..... And the funny part is sometimes its a good thing....... Let the poor Astroneer have a Can Opener...... for God Sake .....Opening Beans with Dynamite is to easy.... but picking up the beans afterward is a pain in the butt.

On a further note: I laugh quite often at a bundle of Dynamite in the 23rd century when a more suitable Explosive device would fit the game...... I see a Coyote at work at every corner followed by a proverbial "Bleep Bleep!"

See Eoghan..... Its not that hard to be a Full Cynic........ "Bleep!"

10 hours ago, KeeblerOrc said:

WELL!...... I wouldn't want to be accused of being a 'half assed' cynic...... not when I can be a 'Whole Hearted Cynic'......

If I see a car with a bumper sticker saying "Whole Hearted Cynic", I'll know it's you, I'll honk and wave hello. Then, you will see the "Half Assed Cynic" bumper sticker, you'll know it's me and you can honk and wave back.