OwenLopez

Astroneer The Core

Recommended Posts

Astroneer The Core

So here we are at the core, just the 3 of us, we finally made it... We had fun in the zero gravity we. We also were bummed out that the core was not full of lava, but then we got a better idea why not go past the core and go to the other side of the world and build a base, also tether this new base to our other base at the other side of the world. Our reason for this was to get 24 hours of sunlight on our solar panels, now we will never run out of power! I believe we achieved something great I'm not sure how many others out there have tried something like this. It takes us approximately 20 hours to build a base and make it too the other side of the world and have them tethered together sharing power between one another. We had many many problems number 1 being whoever hosted the game would have 10fps or below. We would take turns hosting the game sharing the file save between one another so we have a chance to play with smooth frames. The next problem was the beacons stopped working, when we made a shuttle to move between both bases we had to memorize the geography of the planet to know were to land! There were so many problems but we did it in the end. I am going to share my save game file so you can see everything for your self. I recommend having a friend host the game for you or your frames will be very bad we are running the game on a dedicated server with 6 physical cores.

 

Here is the YouTube Video of our Accomplishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQodCYy6ibA 

 

 

the smaller.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

such a great job!!!!!!!!!! i thought i made it to the core until i saw your video. i met a grey rock ball, i was so stupid to think that is core lol...

i digged huge vertical well down because i worried about missing the core, i saw your video, your digged it slope not vertical. how did you know your were digging the right direction.

and by the way why your gameplay so smooth with high fps. my average fps is only about 20fps and i run it with gtx1080 and i7-6700k. Did you do some adjustment in video card control panel? any information will be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Commander John said:

Wow! That's awesome, I wonder if anyone will try to fall through the world, and I wonder if it would work like this: 

 

We have already started a new game digging straight down the problem we encountered is when falling you drift and hit walls and die, so the further down our hole goes the wider it has to become so we will have a video on this soon its just much more work then we first thought 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OwenLopez said:

We have already started a new game digging straight down the problem we encountered is when falling you drift and hit walls and die, so the further down our hole goes the wider it has to become so we will have a video on this soon its just much more work then we first thought 

Well keep us posted! Can't wait to see your finished project! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OwenLopez said:

We have already started a new game digging straight down the problem we encountered is when falling you drift and hit walls and die, so the further down our hole goes the wider it has to become so we will have a video on this soon its just much more work then we first thought 

awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ariesbt said:

such a great job!!!!!!!!!! i thought i made it to the core until i saw your video. i met a grey rock ball, i was so stupid to think that is core lol...

i digged huge vertical well down because i worried about missing the core, i saw your video, your digged it slope not vertical. how did you know your were digging the right direction.

and by the way why your gameplay so smooth with high fps. my average fps is only about 20fps and i run it with gtx1080 and i7-6700k. Did you do some adjustment in video card control panel? any information will be great.

We have a extra steam account my friends and I Pitched into called the whore account we buy games for it and run a dedicated server for it so our game is being hosted in multiplayer on a 

1Gbit Port: 33TB Transfer

  • 2.5Ghz - 2 processors
  • 8 Cores / 8 Threads
  • 16GB DDR2
  • 2TB SATA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where a jet pack would have come in handy lol  Maybe try to stagger it and make a stairwell all the way down so the fall won't hurt you as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OwenLopez said:

We have a extra steam account my friends and I Pitched into called the whore account we buy games for it and run a dedicated server for it so our game is being hosted in multiplayer on a 

1Gbit Port: 33TB Transfer

  • 2.5Ghz - 2 processors
  • 8 Cores / 8 Threads
  • 16GB DDR2
  • 2TB SATA

i tried host the game on my laptop and join it with my desktop, but it was so laggy(network)... when i jump on a vehicle, it started flying around and gone crazy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ariesbt said:

i tried host the game on my laptop and join it with my desktop, but it was so laggy(network)... when i jump on a vehicle, it started flying around and gone crazy...

The vehicles are broken on our save that's normal for them to fly around like that but everything else should work fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now