Truck and rover along with all attachments all gone, wtf?

I built a mega truck which had 2 storage bins on it a solar wind thing solar panel a whole bunch of other stuff and I went in my spaceship around the planet landed back at my same base and then I noticed that my truck's not there anymore they're missing so I'm wondering if this is a bug a glitch or if I'm ever going to get my stuff back.. This is second time this has happened.. I'm wondering if this game is even payable now...? What's point of spending time to build if none your stuff will ever stay... ?

If you could check my game.. Its the save before dec 21 @ 9:23pm.. 

Can you return my stuff ?

Edited by TheMartian

Should I wait until the patch. Would that return the items that disappeared? I mean its a computer program, it must have some data proving that I had the items and now I don't.

Do you notice the vehicle makers ?

There seems to be three on ground. One is a rover, went missing a day ago when i died and came back it was gone. And the truck attached to another rover, also missing after i took spaceship for a spin :/ but weird thing is you could still see the vehicle markers on the ground from space, just when you're on ground you can't find them anywhere...  I think I'm going to have nervous breakdown :'/

20161221_215305.jpg

20161221_215603.jpg

20161221_215441.jpg

Edited by TheMartian

Sorry for all replys, i keep getting upload file error, lol seems to be bigs everywhere!

In the attached photo, you could see all three my vehicles at base.  The beacon far right is where the rover is displaying, and my truck tethered to rover is showing at base, but its obviously invisible, right ?

14823764137281665263263.jpg

1 minute ago, Oditus said:

your truck is most likely under ground, so try digging under your base and im sure you will find it, same thing happened to me

Really? .... Hmmm get brb

18 minutes ago, Oditus said:

your truck is most likely under ground, so try digging under your base and im sure you will find it, same thing happened to me

How deep did you need to dig? 

I could see China!! 

Umm what did you do to prevent vehicles from drifting off again?

i think theres a glitch when you load in that causes your truck to glitch through the ground, i might have gotten lucky cause there was a cave right under my base

this SS was taken shorty after digging under my base

astro2.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheMartian said:

How deep did you need to dig? 

I could see China!! 

Umm what did you do to prevent vehicles from drifting off again?

it keeps happening so i dont know what to do about it Lol

11 minutes ago, Oditus said:

i think theres a glitch when you load in that causes your truck to glitch through the ground, i might have gotten lucky cause there was a cave right under my base

astro2.jpg

LMAO, brother. We should multi- and build close by, a depot, or something to tether our shit down haha.. Ughh.. All I wanted to do tonight was mine the hell out of the mines. I had it all figured out and what ai could carry.. Now instead of mining for resources, I'm mining for my fn vehicles FML

You should do what I did with the storage bins, they hold 8 per, times 4.. You could carry 32 items on one unit.. Uhhh.. I better find it... And then ill dig a grave.

But they really should allow us to build vehicle bay platforms. Which essentially are raised platforms where you tether your vehicle down or cargo, etc.

But that's smart.. Bout not saving and spawning in your vehicle hahah i posted a video about that.. Exactly what you're talking about. Have a look in my other post, it's hilarious! Because it was unexpected ...

My system is to use spacecraft to see where around which markers vehicle is displaying. Then go to site and dig. If i don't Find anything, i place bacon there to mark off area. Then back to ship and try again. Lmao... Ughhhh.... 

2 hours ago, Oditus said:

astro2.jpg

20161222_004459.mp4

You were correct sir.. Just getting to it now ... Ughh... I wish they would do patch where the items like this go to surface.

Edited by TheMartian
Im submitting all through my mobile so some features are unavailable. I need to add text after i attach.

I figured I update you all, in case you experience same thing.

Saaweeeet!! The battery is still charged too !!

1482386069492-1280157781.jpg

Edited by TheMartian
Add text
  • 1 year later...

Just lost 3 fully equipped large rovers because they all got stuck in the ground, and when I dug one out and used it to tow the others out, everything flew up into the sky, before vanishing underground.  Now I have no idea where they are, don't have materials to build any more, and can't get any compound anywhere near by base, because I've dug it all up, so I can't exactly go anywhere with tethers either.

What's really most annoying though, is that this is a pretty major issue, and it has now been happening for over a year, with no fix in sight.  Honestly, I have no faith at all in developers who won't fix things that are this bad, and obviously fail to understand simple game design, like you load the terrain, and then the objects that are supposed to sit on it, and you put sanity checks in place, so that objects don't fall/fly off to where they're never supposed to reach.

As far as I'm concerned, the game is unplayable if I have to keep replacing items that took a lot of time investment, every time I load a save (and I can't even make multiple saves to go back to the one before I lose my rovers).

Edited by polarity

I agree with the frustration about things (especially vehicles) ending up buried.  Each time I sit down to play I have to spend far too much time excavating my vehicles -- sometimes I can't even find them at all. It's killing my motivation to play this game. I have also seen related posts that go back at least a year.  I hope fixing this bug is a very high priority because it's really killing the enjoyment of the game.

Every time I play, I need to begin by dealing with something like this:

Astroneer.-buried vehiclesPNG.png

Edited by Archranis

Same thing happened to me today, I wrote a bug report on it here.

Lost practically everything I had. Do you have any good ideas on finding where the rover is under my base? I only saw the beacons once and they were close by. I don't have the resources I need now to make a spacecraft, do you have any other ideas on finding the markers?