I would like to start off by saying that i love this game and would be thrilled to see more of it. That being said I have had some issues with the rovers. I have had a total of 3 different saves (one before all saves were condensed into one and two in the past week) and on my original I never had an issue with my rovers flying away or sinking into the ground or floating just above helmet level (research is also floating around a lot but it's very occasional) but these last two saves have been filled with these issues. My rover has sunk into the ground by the vehicle bay so i couldn't dig it out, floated into the clouds between the time i logged off and back on, hovered in place just off the ground so i couldn't drive it, and somehow gotten itself stuck in my habitat pod so i couldn't get in either of them (sandstorms happened, it wasn't a nice time).

I had the same bug: my rover flew over my head. I built stairs to get back my rover ,  I went inside, but it turned very quickly with me and it bounced when it touch the floor...

As I read the release notes for patch 201, many of the rover defects were supposed to have been resolved.  They're not.  They actually are worse for me now than before.  Bug report below:

Summary:
201 – Windows 10 Store – Vehicle dynamics hosed up when towing

Description: 
The medium rover likes to wheelie over backward on itself when towing another chassis.  Doesn’t seem to matter if the chassis is bare, or is equipped with a medium or large storage.  Rover has a single seat installed with a medium solar panel.

Platform:
Windows 10 Store

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i7 970 @ 3.20GHz

• GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070

• RAM: 12Gb Corsair 6x2GB DDR3 1600Hz 

• Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB 

I have that problem sometimes too. Most of the time for me if i walk a good ways away from the rover and return it will fall back to the ground. I also have a problem with some rovers riding wheelies pulling weight. The way i found to help with that is to put the seat one the rover i was pulling, then use that one as the driver. It works fairly well for me. Hope i could help guys.