Idea _ finding abandoned bases and fixing them

For some time i have been only visiting single points on each planet and knowing that there should be a lot more planets to visit in the full game i wonder that's a lot of wasted space.

What if a landing site  had, besides space debris, a abandoned base that either needs fixing with a module or connector  or just needs power and that it could give you a supply of a resource that  is very limited and fixed to that location - so maybe some modules  that are not re searchable, that you cant add to your library and are only available on that spot  , i wonder if some of the original modules the dev's created like   hydro-zine or a compound maker could be a start , some of the modules in the original video we see would be a bit nostalgic to see version 1.0 of the battery or power system. 

I will admit i have been watching a bit of James bond but i have been thinking of this for some time - it would be cool to find a underground or above ground liar . 

Any takers ?

Regards

G

That's a lovely idea. I especially like (even if it might be a bit of a problem to implement) to see an abandoned base with the old-fashioned pre-alpha-release style!

Beside that I believe that this could add an extra element to Astroneer. Thinking of dozens of planets gives me the feeling that it would be the same and the same again (indeed, not enough fantasy at the moment). Having abandoned bases could add a very interesting storyline-feature to the game and make exploration more interesting. Maybe finding some non-researchable modules which you can only fix by gathering some rare satellite parts?

A "compound creating machine" is a good first shot, but it's a small benefit of a lonesome man. Maybe something more cool like ... (argh, not enough fantasy).

Maybe other players have some cool ideas! :)

Aii, just had an inspiration *g*. I think of old bases you can extend as your old bases (add modules and stuff). So one idea could be that one/some of these bases have a special power unit. This unit cannot be removed and brought somewhere else, as it is to big and too old or whatever. They don't work, as they are empty since hundreds of years. However, you can fix them by bringing back 2/4 power-units from old satellites. These power-units then produce constant energy for this base (a benefit which you can't have on other bases). Some might now say "well, yeay, but we have better technology, why can't we build these things now!". Well, we are alone and we don't know how ;).

Second is something similar, an abandoned telecommunication platform/base/container/antenna. Broken, indeed, but could be fixed by adding some parabolic antennas from---tada---old satellites. As soon as attached you might get some sentences and messages from the outside telling you something about why you are there or what to do (storyline).

And now, good night!  

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea considering occasionally you find the broken down satellites, and during the day there's a little green meter freaking out but at night it calms down. If you could restore that or something that would be awesome.

Thanks for the support - i don't have much time but i do have lots of ideas ..

some of the modules could even be alien or miniature or enormous like a mod machine for the backpack that adds 4 more slots for telemetry or nuggets in general just below the top side ones .

also i would like to see a stable platform ability for the crane like we wee with a Mobil excavator .

On 05/10/2017 at 6:41 AM, Zeribax said:

I like this idea considering occasionally you find the broken down satellites, and during the day there's a little green meter freaking out but at night it calms down. If you could restore that or something that would be awesome.

that is actually a huge solar panel that you can connect to a base . 

On 26/09/2017 at 7:32 AM, reto said:

Aii, just had an inspiration *g*. I think of old bases you can extend as your old bases

Yes this is what i had in mind it did not have to be our own modules we find