mildly moist

Zero-gravity rover glitch

Upon launching my game this morning, my rovers (all 4 of them, two large rovers tethered together and two small rovers also tethered together) started floating as if it was zero-g. I relaunched my game and they fell to the ground, but they were really slow and bouncy (as if they were in low-g). Then, with another re-load, they start floating again. I reloaded again, and they didn't stop floating. I have to add that I was not floating, I was running around normally. You can see what it looked like in the picture (they were slowly floating upwards)

I think what the cause may be is that I have a space shuttle idling nearby (I'm currently hunting fuel) and the game got confused as to where my location is.

what.PNG

I have had a similar bug. Since i went to exotic and came back to terran gravity has made all vehicles on all planets undrivable due to low gravity for the vehicles, not to mention the fact that they blow away during storms. 
Odd that it only affects vehicles and not the player but very annoying

I logged on today, opened my game and saw my large rover with med rover attached, off in the distance in the air, appearing to break apart into pieces.  I saw tires floating away etc.  I ran over to the area where the rovers seemed to have floated to, to see if they were there, but they had just disappeared with both a med battery and and solar panel attached.  I don't have any of the shuttles built so, I don't know what happened.  The rover was parked at my base when I logged out last night.

Well, on the bright side, you got an AWESOME balloon!  The other kiddies at the carnival must be green with envy.

I managed to rescue mine...

On 9/16/2017 at 4:33 AM, Burner Fuel said:

I have had a similar bug. Since i went to exotic and came back to terran gravity has made all vehicles on all planets undrivable due to low gravity for the vehicles, not to mention the fact that they blow away during storms. 
Odd that it only affects vehicles and not the player but very annoying

Did you happen to save and load any time during this experience?  I currently have a reproducible bug report involving rover physics breaking on save/load -- and only existing rovers.

I ran into this this morning (it might have started last night).   I was out exploring and my large rover got flipped, which when attached happens very easily and there is no good way to flip the back ont hat I figured out...anyway when I was trying to get it unstuck I died.  I was a ways away so I went to go grab my lone medium rover, which was at the end of one of my cave tether paths, but when I got there it was gone.  I did look up just in case because I have noticed anything can float but I couldn't find it.  I made another and went to go find my truck.  I found it late last night.  I saved the game there and exit.  This morning, I started the game and it was no where to be found (and my body was gone too).  After running around looking for the icon, I found it up in the sky.  I got as close as I could and started building a tower to try and grab it, but it is very high up.

20170921075133_1.jpg

20170921075505_1.jpg

Yes, there are floating rovers and disconnected wheels around after loading PC 201 save games.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176880340

It seemed to me that some parts (maybe wheels) get their mass back when I go away from the rover and then return (so that the physics bubble leaves and returns back to rovers.

Edited by sirkkalap

6 minutes ago, sirkkalap said:

It seemed to me that some parts (maybe wheels) get their mass back when I go away from the rover and then return (so that the physics bubble leaves and returns back to rovers.

At 2:17 on the video.

Not all mass seemed to return, rovers felt way too light after this.