Wolfiesden

XB1 - Rover/Truck can't attach umbilical to base

Summary:
XB1 - Rover/Truck can't attach umbilical to base

Description: 
When in proximity to a base node, the blue connector phantom appears.  I click on it and instead of connecting, it shows the disconnect animation.  The gray cable appears and then retracts into the rover and the blue phantom re-appears.

Platform:
XBox One

Version / Build Number: 
Current (as of this date, sorry at work so don't have console here).  Will do better next time.  Promise.

Update: 

Further testing shows that it doesn't matter what type of base node, tried pod, node, platform, and platform with platform attachment.

However, it DOES matter which end of the rover!  The front will not connect, however the back will!  So pulling in next to a base with the front (cabin) facing the node, the cable will not attach.  However backing in and connecting the rear of the rover DOES work!  Didn't think to test a rover with no cabin (and thus no front/back).

Ive had the same issue. Are you sure its the orientation of the rover?? Ive notice it doesnt like to connect when its at a certain distance or farther..even tho the imbilicle hologram pops up. Moving it closer to your attach point solved it for me. 

I tried at different distances from basically point-blank range to at about the farthest it would show the blue ghost.  I tried keeping it as straight as possible and tried sharp bends.  Nothing made a difference.  The only thing that changed the attachment problem was turning around and backing up to attach at the rear.

I will do further experiments and report back on results but its going to have to wait till I get off the moon.  Driving on the moon is all but impossible to get any finite control.

I will set up a specific base for testing on another planet where drivability is more under control.  I will flatten the whole area and set up only a habitat so that nothing else is near nor could possibly cause conflicts.  I will try to get some screen caps/videos of the process.  I did record a video (remember this is XB1 not PC) but I forgot to ship it to OneDrive so I don't have access to that here at work because its sitting on my xbox at home.  But I will do a new set of vids.  I am a programmer (eCommerce, SQL, .NET, C#, VB, etc) so I know the value of having detailed tests to help diagnose an issue.  Reproducing the problem is step 1.

Same problem here with vehicles not attaching to base since patch 200.

Playing on Steam for PC.

Attached video shows my vehicles attached to the large solar panels but does not matter.  All my vehicles will not attach unless smashed up againt the nodes/platforms.

Sorry about music overpowering narration.

system era vehicles.mp4

Good you got a video.

Tried last night but my framerate plummeted for some reason.  Its like watching a slide show back in the 6th grade.

That's how mine is starting to turn out.  Wasn't sure how to have the video just play on here instead of having to download it.  Any ideas?

4 hours ago, JestersGenocide said:

Thanks Wolfiesden.  I figured that but didn't know if it could show up on here without having to post to my youtube channel.

Yeah, you can even make the video private and post the link into the forum and we can still see it. It's all good.

I've also had the problem with rover not attaching. I'll have to check it for the latest patch released today. 

Edited by Mike Brocaglia
Left out information

2 hours ago, Mike Brocaglia said:

Yeah, you can even make the video private and post the link into the forum and we can still see it. It's all good.

I've also had the problem with rover not attaching. I'll have to check it for the latest patch released today. 

I don't think thats quite true.  If its private, YOU will see it, others won't, even pasting it here.  At least it SHOULD NOT work.  If you make it UNLISTED, then others can see it but they have to know the url (as in you posting it here).

This is an UNLISTED video on my channel.  You won't see it listed in my index nor will you find it by searching in youtube.  But you can see it here because I pasted the link to it:

28 minutes ago, Wolfiesden said:

I don't think thats quite true.  If its private, YOU will see it, others won't, even pasting it here.  At least it SHOULD NOT work.  If you make it UNLISTED, then others can see it but they have to know the url (as in you posting it here).

This is an UNLISTED video on my channel.  You won't see it listed in my index nor will you find it by searching in youtube.  But you can see it here because I pasted the link to it:

That makes sense I'll try to remember that in the future!  And damn that video makes me cringe lol