Baked Spartan

wind turbine didn't work during sandstorm

I was driving the rover with the wind turbine you can create from the backpack on the back during a sandstorm, but the wind turbine didn't spin at all or give the rover any additional power, even when completely stopped. works with normal wind though.

Why though? It takes an enormous amount of wind to make a sandstorm possible, so why wouldn't it generate energy with the turbines? Also i'd like to add i've had it been a completely windy day, and the wind turbine wasn't moving at all, but if i held it 6 feet in the air it would start spinning. Furthermore, i've had a wind turbine spinning on one side of the machine, and on the other side it's completely still. Still like the game, but the wind needs some work for sure. 

On 21/12/2016 at 8:24 PM, Armetron said:

sandstorms were reported not to help in the generation of energy

That's unrealistically lame. Would make sense if you could harness all power then and during storms specifically

my way of solving this problem is constantly moving the wind turbine from place to place. The wind seems to have a pattern to follow.

On 12/22/2016 at 7:25 AM, Baked Spartan said:

Why though? It takes an enormous amount of wind to make a sandstorm possible, so why wouldn't it generate energy with the turbines? Also i'd like to add i've had it been a completely windy day, and the wind turbine wasn't moving at all, but if i held it 6 feet in the air it would start spinning. Furthermore, i've had a wind turbine spinning on one side of the machine, and on the other side it's completely still. Still like the game, but the wind needs some work for sure. 

The only idea that comes into my head from this is that are wind turbines in real life turned off in storms if they go to fast? I have no idea, but that could be the developers idea. 

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

The only idea that comes into my head from this is that are wind turbines in real life turned off in storms if they go to fast? I have no idea, but that could be the developers idea. 

I have no idea either, but it also seems that i'll have a wind turbine working on one side of a base module, but on the other side of the same platform the turbine isn't moving at all... I think there is something wrong with the turbines/ wind lol.

Some real life wind turbines will lock down and even pivot the blades flat with the wind during high winds to prevent damage.  Maybe the game has really good turbines?

On the Radiated planet, it's really crappy, there seems to NEVER be any wind for wind generation at all, yet, there are storms more frequently there than Terra.  Though they never seem to involve debris so who knows what was intended there.

It is kinda silly that your wind mills sit motionless while debris is flying by.

Edited by Cheetah

Definitely silly, but this game is still pretty fun with all of the funny bugs regardless. I'm just not looking forward to finding my first gamebreaking bug :/.