This winch stopped retracting the cables and when the host tried restarting his game it crashes every time he tries to load it. Before this happened we had a couples of times where the winch did what it was supposed to and retracted once there was already one cable out.

mouse/keyboard,steam,multiplayer,i wasn't host, only two people in the session, first world, we had it attached to a rover just before this and everything worked

39 minutes ago, Zaynin said:

This winch stopped retracting the cables and when the host tried restarting his game it crashes every time he tries to load it. Before this happened we had a couples of times where the winch did what it was supposed to and retracted once there was already one cable out.

mouse/keyboard,steam,multiplayer,i wasn't host, only two people in the session, first world, we had it attached to a rover just before this and everything worked

My computer build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BKHbRG

I have found a way to fix this, this happened to me with a winch and I acted fast. I went to my save folder located in %appdata% /local/Astro/saved/savedGames and i copy both my save files moving them to my desktop then i proceeded to close the game through task manager so it could not save the winch glitch and after that i replaced the save file from my desktop overwriting the old ones and when i loaded back into my game the winch was fixed.