Punnilingus

Add a Male Astroneer

Currently, we only have these spacesuits that look feminine to me. Please design a male avatar in the game so that I can have more fun and be immersed as a male. 

And please add masculine emote like an Elvis hip-thrust or Pectoral-flexes, etc. Something masculine. It doesn't have to be over-the-top, though. 

Edited by Punnilingus

Come on, drop gender, simply choose your character like in the future, even so I hope they will add more character models

Mods, this is getting out of hand. Gender discussions NEVER go well on gaming forums.

Customizable Astroneers is on the road map, please stop trying to stir shit up on the forum.

8 minutes ago, blorgon said:

Mods, this is getting out of hand. Gender discussions NEVER go well on gaming forums.

this thread is probably just in response to the female astroneer one

16 minutes ago, Oditus said:

Don't you bastards dare ruin the charm behind this game, I've had nothing but great interactions with the people on this forum so far

Edit: That's not directed at you in particular, Oditus

Edited by Rolvaag

16 minutes ago, Oditus said:

This is precisely what I meant by "getting out of hand".

These topics ALWAYS get out of hand on every single forum I've ever been to. Moderators usually nip them in the bud since it's pretty well known that they always get heated no matter what. For some reason the "discussion" has continued. This is how forum grudges start, by the way.

1 minute ago, Knouvael'Qeskre said:

I've already. Both even.

Lol just did the same, hopefully they'll lock the topics

It's only meant to be as serious as the thought of creating female space suits. If there are no female space suits, then there should be no male suits. If they add a female suit, then they should also rework the unisex into a male suit. 

To those of you requesting that a moderator come and "do something." -- why? Because this entire post proves an extremely valid point as to why the other suggestion was just flat-out wrong and unnecessary? 

I'm sorry, but if you come in here begging that any notion of a male character get squished, deleted, locked, or otherwise, then you'd better be jumping over to the female thread and saying the same thing, otherwise, you're clearly pushing a feminist agenda - THAT'S out of line. Not this post. 

Edited by Punnilingus

Basically it comes down to psychology. Giving people genders or gender leaning models gives players a way to identify with their avatar and get more immersed. Its avatar creation 101. That being said; we dont have full avatars. Its said it will be looked at.

Anyone saying genders are not needed does not understand how different gamers play and engage with the software in completely unique ways. Anyone saying that genders are absolutely needed have no idea what it takes to get one in game (properly).

IMHO, for a pre-alpha and the size of the team, they made the SMART choice for this point in development. Kudos System Era

Personally to me they look genderless, and I LOVE it, I vote they don't waste time on it, cause they're so cute, and they're not offending anyone, or restricting anyone from immersion, just wish the well rounded one (the third one from the left) didn't have their arms clipping through their legs, with that fixed, they'll be my favorite!(the fourth from the left is a close second, but First for now.)

This Topic was Cheeky, and a perfect way to make people realize that the Astroneers are androgynous, and wasting time on a "female" version is unecessary.

I saw that hot topic too, and was worried.

Anyone saying they're male or female is being unreasonable, and nit-picky.

Edited by valevma

33 minutes ago, valevma said:

This Topic was Cheeky, and a perfect way to make people realize that the Astroneers are androgynous, and wasting time on a "female" version is unecessary.

I saw that hot topic too, and was worried.

Anyone saying they're male or female is being unreasonable, and nit-picky.

I'm glad someone understood this post. Thank you. :)

It's only meant to be as serious as the thought of creating female space suits. If there are no female space suits, then there should be no male suits. If they add a female suit, then they should also rework the unisex into a male suit. 

To those of you requesting that a moderator come and "do something." -- why? Because this entire post proves an extremely valid point as to why the other suggestion was just flat-out wrong and unnecessary? 

I'm sorry, but if you come in here begging that any notion of a male character get squished, deleted, locked, or otherwise, then you'd better be jumping over to the female thread and saying the same thing, otherwise, you're clearly pushing a feminist agenda - THAT'S out of line. Not this post.

Edited by Punnilingus

6 hours ago, Punnilingus said:

you're clearly pushing a feminist agenda - THAT'S out of line. Not this post. 

Wow. You clearly have some deeply worrisome misconceptions about feminism, but I'm not going to go there because the point of this comment is to condemn the shitstorm, not perpetuate it.

In reply to your other points, discussions of gender in video games always turns into a heated argument, because people on the internet can't ever be wrong or compromise. I personally was angry about this thread because you were clearly baiting. You were trying to make a point, which, to be fair, is a reasonable point—but you did it in a way that was only ever going to piss the same people off that were pissed in the other thread. This was not a constructive thread, it was an antagonistic one.

The reason I'm pissed about BOTH of these threads is because the developers have said that suit customization will be a thing. It's on the fucking road map, and yet still people felt the need to stir up a shit storm on a fledgling forum. You, nor the other side will EVER win the argument, so why bother? It's childish and petty getting into these fights, and they happen on every single gaming forum I've ever been to, and they literally have never done anything but breed resentment in the community.

Again, I want to reiterate that the reason I personally called for this and the other thread to be locked is NOT because I have any particular feelings toward having gendered space suits, but BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY A THING THE DEVELOPERS HAVE ADDRESSED.
It's a non-issue right now, and even if it wasn't something the developers had already addressed, it'd still be a trivial discussion because the priority for the team is to get the game stable and add more meaningful content, not pander to SJWs that think form-fitting feminine spacesuits are somehow progressive and neckbeards that want to be attracted to their avatars.

The horse has died. Stop beating on it.

1 hour ago, blorgon said:

Wow. You clearly have some deeply worrisome misconceptions about feminism, but I'm not going to go there because the point of this comment is to condemn the shitstorm, not perpetuate it.

In reply to your other points, discussions of gender in video games always turns into a heated argument, because people on the internet can't ever be wrong or compromise. I personally was angry about this thread because you were clearly baiting. You were trying to make a point, which, to be fair, is a reasonable point—but you did it in a way that was only ever going to piss the same people off that were pissed in the other thread. This was not a constructive thread, it was an antagonistic one.

The reason I'm pissed about BOTH of these threads is because the developers have said that suit customization will be a thing. It's on the fucking road map, and yet still people felt the need to stir up a shit storm on a fledgling forum. You, nor the other side will EVER win the argument, so why bother? It's childish and petty getting into these fights, and they happen on every single gaming forum I've ever been to, and they literally have never done anything but breed resentment in the community.

Again, I want to reiterate that the reason I personally called for this and the other thread to be locked is NOT because I have any particular feelings toward having gendered space suits, but BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY A THING THE DEVELOPERS HAVE ADDRESSED.
It's a non-issue right now, and even if it wasn't something the developers had already addressed, it'd still be a trivial discussion because the priority for the team is to get the game stable and add more meaningful content, not pander to SJWs that think form-fitting feminine spacesuits are somehow progressive and neckbeards that want to be attracted to their avatars.

The horse has died. Stop beating on it.

So let me break down this post real quick:

1) You have a valid point, Punnilingus.

2) You can't win this argument on the internet.

3) This causes heated arguments, Punnilingus.

4) You're being childish and petty, Punnilingus. 

5) I called for your post to be locked because blah blah blah

6) You're beating a dead horse, Punnilings. 

So, did you ever once, during the whole time you were writing this emotionally-driven rant, ever stop and reflect upon yourself? Even a little bit? No? Nothing? Because I kept hearing, paragraph after paragraph, about how I'm beating a dead horse and how I'm being petty and childish and how I'm not being constructive and how the devs have already handled this. 

Yet you never stopped to realize you're making worse what you claim to be trying to fix... I'm worried about you, honestly. That kind of aloofness speaks to some other kind of problem that you might want to get checked out before it flares up again. 

Let's face it - you want censorship of topics that you don't want to listen to. This post has nothing to do with your care for the community. You're trying to continue to drive your own hate of the ability to speak one's opinion when it runs counter to your own. That's what this is about. Perhaps if you hadn't shown so much emotion in this little hissy-fit of yours, you could have made a valid point, but you've let this get to you. You've taken personal what no one else has. You're having a problem with something that isn't a problem. 

Here's where it stands, and I'll say it again (because I've already said it before) - the suits should stay neutral, period. That said, if a female is added, then they should add a male too. Then they should add a trans or a caitlyn. Perhaps we can just take our characters into a body-morphing station and put our body parts in various locations and see if they fly off into space like our trucks do. 

Or, you could have just let this thread die. But nope. You had to get your word in. You had to try and play the "I'm superior because [Chuck Norris]" game. All while claiming you just want peace and unity. 

C'mon. You should be real with yourself. Reflect, then post. And if your point is to kill a thread, stop bumping it to the top to try and get people to defend you (like the mods). 

Peace. 

51 minutes ago, Punnilingus said:

Let's face it - you want censorship of topics that you don't want to listen to. [...] You're trying to continue to drive your own hate of the ability to speak one's opinion when it runs counter to your own. That's what this is about.

[...]

Or, you could have just let this thread die. But nope. You had to get your word in. You had to try and play the "I'm superior because [Chuck Norris]" game. All while claiming you just want peace and unity.

I wanted the threads locked because they go nowhere, on every gaming forum ever. They're unproductive in every way. I have no problem with your or anybody else's opinion, as long as people aren't trying to force their opinions on others. And since you seem to have completely misunderstood my posts, I haven't once actually stated an opinion on gendered spacesuits, so how could you possibly know whether any of the claims made in these two threads are counter to my own?

The reason I came back to this thread to post my little tirade was because you had posted this:

I'm sorry, but if you come in here begging that any notion of a male character get squished, deleted, locked...

And I wanted to clarify that I had called for the lock for different reasons than what you were implying.

"Peace and unity" comes when people realize the devs already addressed it and it's a non-issue, and as such doesn't need to be brought up. And I really don't understand where the "I'm superior" bullshit is coming from, but whatever.

As far as letting the thread die, for what it's worth, you bumped the thread by quoting your own post... Also for what it's worth, you and I have no disagreement. Not sure why you're pissed at me. All I did was point out that your post was bait, and even you admitted as such.

10 minutes ago, blorgon said:

how could you possibly know whether any of the claims made in these two threads are counter to my own?

Because of your reaction and nothing more. You are throwing a hissy-fit and perpetuating the very thing you claim you want stopped. You are actively attempting to silence those that trigger you. This speaks directly to an agenda. Whose or which? I don't know and don't care, but when I disagree with someone or have an opinion, I don't go running to moderators to save me from the horror of choosing to read something that I "don't want to."

Be an adult and make a decision - read it or not. If you don't like it, then pass it on by. If you're unwilling to express an opinion, then you should just stay out of other people's conversations, no? You're complaining about a conversation just because you don't want it to exist? LOL. 

As far as letting the thread die, for what it's worth, you bumped the thread by quoting your own post

... This is incorrect - look at the time stamp, genius. I quoted myself 1 minute after I responded to someone else - you claim I purposefully bumped the thread by quoting myself yet it was already bumped when I responded. Also, I quoted myself in response to the post I had previously commented on, but simply didn't "edit" it into the first post. 

That said - I'm not the one complaining about the post continuing on - YOU are. I say let it ride. It will be what it will be. Other people, whom are mature and know how to deal with things they don't like in the proper way, will simply move on and ignore the post. 

So here's a solution for you - stop posting here, stop bumping the thread, and let it die. Or are you feeding too much into your own drama to let that happen? Let's face it - this thread was dead until you came back 2 hours after the last post and bumped it up - it was probably off of the 1st page by the time you came in and started throwing your fit. 

Practice what you preach, my dude. Grab a drink and watch a cartoon or something, because you're just working yourself up for no reason. 

Edited by Punnilingus

All I did was point out that your post was bait, and even you admitted as such.

Missed this one, so here goes: I NEVER said my post was "bait." This post was to prove a point. That's not bait. This post was AS valid as the 'female astroneer' post, yet did the people wanting a female avatar come over here saying they're all for a male one? No, of course they didn't, because they were pushing their agenda the whole time. 

Immersion, my foot. 

And at least you and I agree that the gender neutrality of the suits is the best solution for this kind of game. The whole conversation in and of itself is ludicrous - it was then and is now -- I never said it wasn't. 

But you came in here all Rambo trying to preach about how we need to "lock it" just because you don't like the bickering. Doesn't make sense to start bickering while trying to stop bickering. 

I digress. 

Make like notch and declare everything genderless. It's a game about exploration, you don't need a gender to explore. Problem solved.