Pooikooi

Plane/helicopter/Drone

Plane's could be really cool in this game to travel really quick.
But there could be some problems with the controls.
(maybe make the planes movement like VTOL so it's easier to fly and if you want to be quick press a button for a normal flying mode.)

A Helicopter could be really cool for picking up stuff and maybe even land vehicles. (would use electricity) (picking up with a hitch on the bottom)
A Helicopter can only work in an atmosphere so maybe even a rocket variant that uses fuel.

A drone can be basically the same but it's controlled from the ground.

Leave your idea's in the comments.

yeah there is a lot of cool stuff you can do with flying vehicles. if they run out of fuel/power i want them to fall out of the air that could be really funny in multiplayer. :)

Having a drone would be nice to scout out places. You could attach a power cell to it to keep it powered while flying.

Jetpacks are cool but air vehicles can be way more usefull. A jettpack is for short-range if you are stuck in a cave. 

And you can lift stuff with a helicopter/drone.

I would really like and I think the game needs a compass for when you are in the vehicles just like you have when on foot. I set up an outpost on the barren moon and drove off in my rover and never found my base again lol.

3 hours ago, Pooikooi said:

Jetpacks are cool but air vehicles can be way more usefull. A jettpack is for short-range if you are stuck in a cave. 

And you can lift stuff with a helicopter/drone.

This is a great idea actually and would help me out when trying to bring up all that unknown research from the cave. I would rather be able to use a helicopter/drone to pick up these items verses having your character manually carry them out of the cave. I just hope these helicopters/drones can withstand the storm while holding onto the item.  I like having options available to me and I can see a huge benefit in having one of these.

The devs do want something with that.

sadly fast moving vehicles could be quite the issue for COOP and rendering (with how it is now).

as the roadmap said something about manual steering either in space or other types of space ships?

Also how will that work with fuel???

just suddenly you are out of fuel and now you are stuck in space and got to start on new? (unless "K" for...die all over again back to habitat)

17 minutes ago, Pooikooi said:

@ Cocoasip

Maybe even being able to carry a small car with a hitch so you can pick up 4 researchpots at a time.

OMG yes I would love this too. Very good idea Pooikooi :) 

@Freddy Wel i was talking about air vehicles that couldn't leave a planet's atmosphere. When you run out of fuel you just fall out of the air.

You made some great points about being stuck in space, Maybe they could implement a return pod so if you are stuck in space you could use that. (you maybe lose the ship, or it will come back on its own)

The devs talked in their livestream about adding an air vehicle, so i'm happy :). for the people that care they also talked about, new weather, rockets that you can control, sorting system, and some more.

1 hour ago, Freddy said:

Yeah maybe adding a lifepod or using habitat as an extention to it that can be used it as an pod?

Yes that will fix that problem.

The flying to fast part and having problems with lagg can probably be fixed with optimization.