Condenser Blocks Power Flow to Other Crafting Stations

I built a long row of crafting stations in this way:
1. Use Resin to extend a line from habitat. Do not use resin to turn it into a blank crafting station yet!
2. Extend the line you just created, like a chain, until you have at least 3 undeveloped crafting stations.
3. Put any power source on the undeveloped station closest to your habitat. I tried big solar, big wind turbine, and big battery.
4. Build the middle station into a Condenser.
5. Build the end station into a Vehicle Bay.

The Condenser does not get power from the power source (not sure if intentional).
The Vehicle bay does not get power either.

1 hour ago, BurntHombre said:

I built a long row of crafting stations in this way:
1. Use Resin to extend a line from habitat. Do not use resin to turn it into a blank crafting station yet!
2. Extend the line you just created, like a chain, until you have at least 3 undeveloped crafting stations.
3. Put any power source on the undeveloped station closest to your habitat. I tried big solar, big wind turbine, and big battery.
4. Build the middle station into a Condenser.
5. Build the end station into a Vehicle Bay.

The Condenser does not get power from the power source (not sure if intentional).
The Vehicle bay does not get power either.

This is as it was intended as the Build Platforms are end of the line itmes and power can feed to them but will not pass thru them to the next Platform in your layout. Now the only hitch to this is an external power source (satellite or vehicle hooked to the Build Platform that has a power source can pass that power back thru to the rest of the base) Try this layout next time and make sure you clear out any tethers in the area before extending your base:

Astroneer base layout.jpg

Ah well if that's how it is supposed to be where platforms are the end of the line then the game shouldn't let you build them in the middle of a line. That way you can't accidentally mess it up.

Hm, I already found out crafting stations should only be build at the end of the line, however when looking at the following image I can't understand why my resource station at the center bottom isn't getting any power while all others do?

Astroneer_juce_error.jpg

Greets,

Jan

That is a bug that I have found several times... and it didn't matter if I used tethers or not. Started a new game and didn't use any tethers around my base (only in caves) and still had a platform that wouldn't receive power. The best work around is to make an extra rover and put a wind turbine and solar panel on it. The platform won't get power from the rover but will be powered by the connected power sources if hooked up:)