thevlad

Oxygen should not be infinite

i think infinite oxygen from your base is OK. but it shouldn't be infinite from your rover (it would have an oxygen tank on it that can be filled) and there should be a limit to the number of tethers between the end of the tether line and the oxygen source. eg: after something like 20 tethers, oxygen will no longer be provided to any additional tethers attached to the line.

I like the way they do oxygen, sure it can be improved but if im worried about making the oxygen machine or whatever whenever i want to explore it would ruin my want to explore

Oxygen should be free to breath in the air on the planet Terran with a little filtration, which is provided by your habitat. Once you enter a cave, less oxygen is in the air, so you need air tanks. Other planets would have no oxygen and would need to be generated by splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen. It is the only option. Build a base platform that is responsible for this action, requiring water (water needs to be added) and power to complete this. This will fill up hydrogen fuel tanks and oxygen tanks for breathing. Some planets may not have water you say? right. So oxygen is limited there to the crystals of it in caves. Or extract it from pockets in minerals. Each planet would have a different oxygen situation, So each planet has it's own risks for the riches available there. It is the perfect balance to the game. Maybe they could add an electrolysis generator to refill their oxygen tank using power and a container of water attached to the top, similar to how organic is placed on a generator to make power. Simply, with common water and organics, you can easily survive on a planet with those 2 resources. IF THEY ADD WATER. IF they dont add water, maybe it could be extracted from compound or resin, saying that at least one of the 2 have oxygen in their chemical composition. And since the two are so common. It would be nice if you could connect oxygen vents to your base on planets with no other source.

I am iffy on the vehicles having infinite oxygen. On one hand, the vehicle is now your new source of oxygen (Like a home) so that you can go dive into caves with tethers, but just taking the vehicle anywhere kind of makes the vehicle's supply too good. Especially since you can drive it down caves.

On the other hand, IF vehicles didn't have that infinite oxygen, how long would it last? How much fun would it be to go down a cave and have to constantly worry about how much oxygen you have left up above. i like this idea, but at the same time, I hate the idea that you have no indication of how much oxygen you have. And guess-timating is a big no-no to me with that sort of thing; especially with something as large as those tanks on the vehicles where the longer they last, the harder it is to estimate.

You Went A Bit Off But Yes Oxigen Should Be Limited.

1. It Should Depened On What You Do.

2. Your Base Should Have Limited Teather Distance*

3. They Should Add Some Sort Of Air Filter/Generator That Would Extend It *

4. Your Truch Should Fill Up On Oxigen.

5. There Shouldnt be Any Crystals Of Them.

6. It should Be Produced From Somewhere.

30 minutes ago, Draks said:

6. It should Be Produced From Somewhere.

Water (from river/sea or mined ice) electrolysis and organic farms. I would love to see it in game.

I guess O2 problem is really hard to solve. For sure you SHOULD NOT DIE due to lack of it (in base), so in some way it should be unlimited in base (safe zone) and limited everywhere else, but it's not consistent. I mean - what's so special about your base. 
Maybe using oxygen from base supply should drain it's energy, so you'd have to build o2 tanks and collect it (in the way mentioned above) to provide your base constant and stable supply of both energy and o2?

Edited by gp.

I think adding limited O2 adds very little to the game.  In the end you are required to add parts to your base to once again give you unlimited O2.  I would say there are better thing the developers could be working on.

If it is implemented I would like to see different O2 usage rates based off of doing nothing, driving, walking, running, sprinting.  In fact I would like to see usage rates of O2 weather we have limited O2 or not

11 minutes ago, Nich said:

I think adding limited O2 adds very little to the game.  In the end you are required to add parts to your base to once again give you unlimited O2.  I would say there are better thing the developers could be working on.

So, basically everything is pointless because, in the end you got unlimited (almost) energy and stuff..
Making an organic farm for your first base won't gain you an unlimted o2 in your second base etc.