Pichu

unable to start new base

this happen to me twice now, deleted old save file and started new now it happen to the new one also 

using the large lander i have moved to new worlds made new bases on Exotic and Radiated then moved to Arid picked a site i liked landed after the storm i got out and cant click on the connection to get started making a new base, the blue ring will not show up

going to go back to one my old bases build a new large lander and see if it has the same problem ...will let you know what happens   

so after gathering up enough stuff to build a new lander the blue ring popped out and was able to start a new base 

are landers only able to start a new base two times?

I haven't tried using a lander.  I used a Habitat on a lander.  Then I can remove it and place the base starting point whereever I want it, not where I landed.  I found it has several advantages.  First being its removable and placeable where you want it.  Second, the base expansion port rotates so you can better control the direction your base extends (can't on the lander as you can't control the direction it faces).  And the habitat has 2 hard points for attaching things (such as power generation or small battery).

Once base is established, I can print another using only 2 compound and put one back on the shuttle to go to the landing zone.

Since the habitat has two hard points, I equip it with a small solar panel and a small battery before I attach it to the lander.  That way when I arrive, I have a full cell and a recharging ability right off the bat.

The out-ports on the two space craft are one-time use ports. If you landed your shuttle and built a module off the out-port, you're done. Can't use it again (it is inactivated). For the large shuttle, you get two shots. So... if you have not researched the habitat yet, make sure to use extra resin and make a node off the ship first (as if the node was a habitat), then add modules off the node.