A friend of mine talked to me earlier about electric storms. Here are some idea that him and I came up with:

• The storms can produce lightning.
    • Players can harness the power of lightning through an attachment on their base (or vehicle(s)?) and cause the lightning to generate power for their own base.
      • Likely needs to be generate a great deal of power, and should be quickly brought into the machinery it is attached to.
    • These storms can hit the player (if they are the tallest object in the area or underneath the tallest object in the area).
      • Player takes damage upon impact of a lightning strike, either killing them or nearly killing them. And could get stunned for a moment. Energy on backpack can fluctuate or malfunction, could possibly create a fire if the planet has gas that would provide fire.
        • Could possibly implement an attachment to make the player a lightning rod and allow the player to use such as a much smaller and personal lightning rod for a good source of generating power on your suit. Should only be able to attach on the sides of the backpack. Or perhaps on the player's helmet? After all, it would look pretty funny with having a large lightning rod on your head!
        • Should also have some kind of attachment to dampen the effect of a lightning strike on the player.
    • Lightning can hit your base, and overcharge the base and possibly create a fire (if the planet has gas that would provide fire) or cause the machinery to malfunction at it's process.
      • Give the player an ability to compensate for such overcharges, and allow the player to add some form of material that can deafen the effects (such as rubber) or completely prevent the machine(s) from being effected by such lightning strikes.
        • Likely from unknown research.
      • Can also hit the player's vehicle. But a dampened effect if the vehicle has rubber. If the player is on the vehicle, the player may take a  great deal of damage, nearly killing them. A much higher chance of nearly killing or even killing them if the player is hit directly first then the vehicle itself.

That is some details I came up with with my other friend's ideas incorporated along with my own. I hope you all like these ideas! And perhaps I will be more open with other ideas I have in mind if I see positive feedback!

I welcome this idea.

No idea how difficult it is to get in all kinds of details and effects on players or structures, but in general I welcome an increasing variety of environmental hazards like rain, fallout and different kinds of storms on different planet types :)

Fire is a great idea. But for Fire the Planet needs oxygen in atmosphere. So a lightning storm could be on a planet where we do not need to farm oxygen, because its in the atmosphere. :D
Thats a win win. Because its easier for the player, so the lightning storm adds some difficult to it. I like!

Wow I love this idea. It would be super kewl to watch and I love the idea of being able to harness power from it for sure.

5 hours ago, Knouvael'Qeskre said:

A friend of mine talked to me earlier about electric storms. Here are some idea that him and I came up with:

• The storms can produce lightning.
    • Players can harness the power of lightning through an attachment on their base (or vehicle(s)?) and cause the lightning to generate power for their own base.
      • Likely needs to be generate a great deal of power, and should be quickly brought into the machinery it is attached to.
    • These storms can hit the player (if they are the tallest object in the area or underneath the tallest object in the area).
      • Player takes damage upon impact of a lightning strike, either killing them or nearly killing them. And could get stunned for a moment. Energy on backpack can fluctuate or malfunction, could possibly create a fire if the planet has gas that would provide fire.
        • Could possibly implement an attachment to make the player a lightning rod and allow the player to use such as a much smaller and personal lightning rod for a good source of generating power on your suit. Should only be able to attach on the sides of the backpack. Or perhaps on the player's helmet? After all, it would look pretty funny with having a large lightning rod on your head!
        • Should also have some kind of attachment to dampen the effect of a lightning strike on the player.
    • Lightning can hit your base, and overcharge the base and possibly create a fire (if the planet has gas that would provide fire) or cause the machinery to malfunction at it's process.
      • Give the player an ability to compensate for such overcharges, and allow the player to add some form of material that can deafen the effects (such as rubber) or completely prevent the machine(s) from being effected by such lightning strikes.
        • Likely from unknown research.
      • Can also hit the player's vehicle. But a dampened effect if the vehicle has rubber. If the player is on the vehicle, the player may take a  great deal of damage, nearly killing them. A much higher chance of nearly killing or even killing them if the player is hit directly first then the vehicle itself.

That is some details I came up with with my other friend's ideas incorporated along with my own. I hope you all like these ideas! And perhaps I will be more open with other ideas I have in mind if I see positive feedback!

Best idea xD

5 hours ago, Wildkatze said:

I welcome this idea.

No idea how difficult it is to get in all kinds of details and effects on players or structures, but in general I welcome an increasing variety of environmental hazards like rain, fallout and different kinds of storms on different planet types :)

I like those ideas on top of that! 'glad to hear you like me and my friends ideas!

4 hours ago, HamZta said:

Fire is a great idea. But for Fire the Planet needs oxygen in atmosphere. So a lightning storm could be on a planet where we do not need to farm oxygen, because its in the atmosphere. :D
Thats a win win. Because its easier for the player, so the lightning storm adds some difficult to it. I like!

Ah! Okay!

I am glad you like the idea, difficulty is something I adore, and this would be one way to add more challenges!

4 hours ago, CocoaSip said:

Wow I love this idea. It would be super kewl to watch and I love the idea of being able to harness power from it for sure.

I am glad you love it!

4 hours ago, AppleSoSad said:

Best idea xD

Haha, 'glad to see you like this idea!

2 hours ago, bony_228 said:

You guy have good ideas!

Ah! Thank you!

It could be a bit silly some of that but with what I suggested it could be a nice fit with it.

under such weather event its a 2/10 chance it will spawn and/or hit you (increase or disable it by diff)

if hitting base or tether, disable them for x amount of time or until one player fixes it on habitat?

When hitting players, stun and damage 1/2 of health.

So its worse depending on where you stand type of treat.

This means it can screw you up only if you are not prepared.

also in the future maybe an upgrade can be added to these buildings/vehicles?

this upgrade is just like attaching a filter on yourselves and acts just like that if one is connected to habitat and it will not be ruined on planets with much thunder and lighting.

18 minutes ago, Freddy said:

It could be a bit silly some of that but with what I suggested it could be a nice fit with it.

under such weather event its a 2/10 chance it will spawn and/or hit you (increase or disable it by diff)

if hitting base or tether, disable them for x amount of time or until one player fixes it on habitat?

When hitting players, stun and damage 1/2 of health.

So its worse depending on where you stand type of treat.

This means it can screw you up only if you are not prepared.

also in the future maybe an upgrade can be added to these buildings/vehicles?

this upgrade is just like attaching a filter on yourselves and acts just like that if one is connected to habitat and it will not be ruined on planets with much thunder and lighting.

All of this isn't permanent-- unless if you die from it of course (even then, it still isn't permanent, as you can respawn)! I think the thunder/electric storm should spawn around that amount. Though simply hitting you at 2/10 chance that is REALLY high, and isn't exactly realistic, unless if you were the tallest thing in the given location of the lightning strike, then the percentage is more alright.

Perhaps I am being quite headstrong, but I could have sworn I said most of this?

1 minute ago, Knouvael'Qeskre said:

Though simply hitting you at 2/10 chance that is REALLY high, and isn't exactly realistic, unless if you were the tallest thing in the given location of the lightning strike

Perhaps I am being quite headstrong, but I could have sworn I said most of this?

ofc its not supposed to be realistic but more on the gameplay and its diffeculty.

Also it only spawns on the surface and on planets are flat or much to hide under.

Yes you said much of the same thing.

but I broke something down to something that is maybe easier to implement or focus on.

As generating power and fires + all that could be a bit too much.

1 minute ago, Freddy said:

ofc its not supposed to be realistic but more on the gameplay and its diffeculty.

Also it only spawns on the surface and on planets are flat or much to hide under.

Yes you said much of the same thing.

but I broke something down to something that is maybe easier to implement or focus on.

As generating power and fires + all that could be a bit too much.

Ah, I understand where you are getting at, a lot of this could be pretty difficult to implement, especially with all the details I mentioned. You did broke some of it down and I agree that would be easier to implement it that way.

Perhaps it may be too much, it was simply an idea! Thank you for your input none of the less.