Matty 212

(Steam) The game has no sound.

I have tried to run the game in different compatibility settings but still no sound. Please help, my hardware meets recommended specs and I have tge latest version of windows 10.

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

No sound problems for me with Steam + Windows10 :/ 

Thats why i said: Maybe a USB Headset Problem.

I don't know what else to do. Nothing in the Settings.

4 minutes ago, P4t0r1kku said:

Thats why i said: Maybe a USB Headset Problem.

I don't know what else to do. Nothing in the Settings.

I say this for developers, the problem does not happen for everyone :)

It may be a hardware compatibility, I think it would help dev if you gave more details about your PC configuration.

If you go into the propreties of the game, there's a option where you can select [no sound launch] make sure this is disabled ;) 

There are No "No Sound Launch" settings anywere (Ingame or Steam), if u mean the Steam StartOptions, thats blank.

Some Specs:

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Mainboard Asus P8H67-M Pro Rev 3.0
Corsair Dominator 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (PC3 10666)
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX750TI OC Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 2GB GDDR5 Speicher, HDMI, DVI, VGA, 1 GPU)
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
HUHD Gaming Headset

And as i said: Windows Store Version has Sound, Steam Version has no Sound. Both have same Settings.

I have tried with built in speakers and headphones, still no sound and my launch options field is blank. My audio drivers are up to date.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @3.20GHz

8GB Ram 

Windows 10 home edition 64-bit

GTX 950M

Realtek high definition Audio drivers 

I have verified integrity of game cache and reinstalled the game repeatedly, still no change.

I read that it may be a VR headset issue. I am starting to think it is with all USB headsets. I have a Razer Man o war and I have no sound. When I unplug all USB headsets and VR glasses (that have a built in head set with the Rift), then I got audio working! Looks like they just didn't handle any USB audio yet.

Edited by Microserf2005

I also have no sound (steam, Windows 10, single player, keyboard, HP laptop only a couple of months old) - I did when I first started playing but today, very occasional moments of sound but generally none. There's no music either and hasn't been since I started (do you need to purchase the soundtrack as well to get music?), but anyway the game sounds have gone.