SoSpice

DYNAMITE!

Usefullness still to be determined :)

I found one on deep on the moon / barren, but not sure what to do with it. I havn't found anything solid enough to apply it at (with some use). A safe or box or door or something. Holes I can make faster with the multitool. Would be funny if the explosion radius would be much much much larger, say you must run 15 sec straight to get out of the explosion range and it creates a hole crater.

I found the dynamite as well and when I removed it from my backpack it exploded. Scared me alot lol So be careful to those who remove it. I was just simply trying to place it on the ground like I do everything else I find. I was quite surprised and I'm shocked my character lived through the explosion lol

everytime i use dynamite the explosion and destruction it creates is always very small.

Edited by Ponca

6 hours ago, Hardcase said:

Usefullness still to be determined :)

I found one on deep on the moon / barren, but not sure what to do with it. I havn't found anything solid enough to apply it at (with some use). A safe or box or door or something. Holes I can make faster with the multitool. Would be funny if the explosion radius would be much much much larger, say you must run 15 sec straight to get out of the explosion range and it creates a hole crater.

I would love if the explosion was like huge. having to run away would be hilarious

I think the dynamite can be used to mine material out of the black hardened ground found on some planets.  I was on one planet and found lithium in a blackish ground that my tool couldn't mine.  Also the drill can mine through that same material I believe.

How the hack should be bring any vehicle with a cran/drill such deep? I had quite extensive vehicles tests and as of now it's just impossible. As soon as the vehicle touch any wall it goes crazy. And building station for just one ore field down there is prohibitive!

Today I tested a truck. I placed it on absolutely plain ground, it's sooo smoooth, you can't even see the triangles anymore. Placed the truck with two large storages onto the plain. Fine. Now added just one small storage with 8 compounds (of possible 7 others) and there it goes the trucks jumps and shakes like it wants to dance. Add enough artifacts and you risk it starting to set off into space ... or the ground. I already lost 2 trucks that way just because of full load on more or less plain ground. I meet the truck once in a while, when they jump around through the area, but was never able to catch them. I can't reach it fast enough to press TAB and even if so ... I don't know where he would take me after that.

NOTE/TIP for all: Never place two large storages onto a truck ... just one or even better none. Large storages makes trucks go wild.

Hey migth that be actually an endless ressource node, only just for lithium in this case? All endless nodes have a solid unremovable base and if they happen to be empty it looks like the tool is not able to harvest ... the storage is just empty. Come back a little later and try to farm it again maybe it just needs more time.

I didn't know there was Dynamite in this game, this is awesome. After looking a bunch of video about it i think it does need a bigger explosion radius!

35 minutes ago, Hardcase said:

Hey migth that be actually an endless ressource node, only just for lithium in this case? All endless nodes have a solid unremovable base and if they happen to be empty it looks like the tool is not able to harvest ... the storage is just empty. Come back a little later and try to farm it again maybe it just needs more time.

I don't think it is the video was from their dev stream on their YouTube and he specifically mentioned the drill. 

1 hour ago, TCrunaway said:

Here's a picture of the hardened ground I was talking about. 

IMG_0046.PNG

Glad to see that image - Now I get what people have been meaning with the hard ground.

1 hour ago, Hardcase said:

The only thing is the endless nodes I have encountered have the little arrows to mine from and are usually a fraction of whats in that image.