mileshiclub

Female Astroneer

Just now, Punnilingus said:

If that's the case, then please go +1 my request for male Astroneers. If it's harmless, then let's +1 both genders, yeah?

Maybe in the future we can mix and match body parts too - this will make it even more realistic! Want to be Caitlyn Jenner? Your wish is SystemEra's command! Granted. . . 

*initiating body-part sequence . . . compound is required . . . more resin is required . . . body morphing is complete ...*

Without your help this thread wouldn't have had a chance to become the most replied thread on the request forum. (at this time)

I like your idea of adding a station that you can step into and change your appearance. 

Just now, Slywyn said:

nono, I meant take an existing model, alter it, and put the 'new' model in as a new character.

if they took away one of the flag ship astroneer it would be a bummer i really like the idea of the station where u can change your character model in game at the base.

Just now, mileshiclub said:

if they took away one of the flag ship astroneer it would be a bummer i really like the idea of the station where u can change your character model in game at the base.

No no no no no.

Don't take anything away. Take in existing model, COPY IT, alter it slightly, then ADD the altered model as a new one. So there'd be 5 instead of 4. Do you understand now?

Customizable Astroneers is on the road map, everybody grow up and stop bickering.

Edited by blorgon

1 minute ago, Slywyn said:

No no no no no.

Don't take anything away. Take in existing model, COPY IT, alter it slightly, then ADD the altered model as a new one. So there'd be 5 instead of 4. Do you understand now?

I see so just make a female version of the existing ones? i like it, added the later customization options offer some more towards the ends im speaking of.

1 minute ago, mileshiclub said:

I see so just make a female version of the existing ones? i like it, added the later customization options offer some more towards the ends im speaking of.

Kinda yeah.

Or here's a thought. . . . just leave them unisex and allow color customization and perhaps different suit textures. 

No triggers, no femis, no masculis, just . . . . play the frackin' game. 

My goodness. 

Look what I have done. o.0

15 hours ago, CherubimCW said:

Personally, I had thought of #2 and #4 as female from the start, just, assuming based on body type.  Do the devs have any identities for these characters posted somewhere?  Do we as the community need to start naming them?  I mean, we do need a better way of talking about them than just the order that appear in the menu.

The female one should be called Christa.

Christa McAuliffe was the teacher aboard the Challenger. It seems like a nice honor if we're naming stuff

12 minutes ago, Rolvaag said:

Christa McAuliffe was the teacher aboard the Challenger. It seems like a nice honor if we're naming stuff

That would be a really cool addition.

Moderation notice: 

All posts which did not contribute anything to the discussion (including the ones replying to them, thus basically contributing nothing either) have been hidden. There is nothing wrong with the suggestion and you're free to have your opinion about this, but attacking the suggestion (or the people suggesting it) is a behavior that we can not tolerate. Now stay on topic, please.

17 minutes ago, Rolvaag said:

That's a great idea.  In fact, any of the people from Challenger, Columbia, or Soyuz 1 & 11 would be good candidates for naming the Astroneer characters.

Though, as Blorgon pointed out, character customization is on the road map.  I thought I had checked and apparently I entirely missed it, but it's definitely there.  That being said, there likely won't be fixed identities for the characters... though we'll have to wait and see.

Adam here, from the team.

Besides the original "OG" you've seen in our earlier marketing of the game, we feel the other suits aren't male or female by design. They're whatever-you-want-them-to-be in those suits. That's the goal. We purposely avoided overly sexualizing the 3 additional suits one way or the other. You'll also notice the audio cues that come from the suit are inspired by the Pyro in TF2. This is also intentional.

We worked closely with Heather Penn to ensure the suits didn't lean to heavily one way or the other and really love the results for their lack of sexualization one way or the other.

In the future, we can explore more deliberate male or female suits but for now we're pretty content with this decision.

12 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

Adam here, from the team.

Besides the original "OG" you've seen in our earlier marketing of the game, we feel the other suits aren't male or female by design. They're whatever-you-want-them-to-be in those suits. That's the goal. We purposely avoided overly sexualizing the 3 additional suits one way or the other. You'll also notice the audio cues that come from the suit are inspired by the Pyro in TF2. This is also intentional.

We worked closely with Heather Penn to ensure the suits didn't lean to heavily one way or the other and really love the results for their lack of sexualization one way or the other.

In the future, we can explore more deliberate male or female suits but for now we're pretty content with this decision.

That settles that! Thanks for your game guys, I love it! Your interaction with us is great.

1 hour ago, TCrunaway said:

<snip>

But it if you could, tell me the difference between the suits. And if it counts I like my astroneer in a tuxedo t shirt because it's says I want to be formal but I'm here to party to

<snip>

I'm going to give you a +1 for quoting Talladega Nights. Fun movie.

Edited by optyk

12 minutes ago, SES_Adam said:

1 minute ago, Rolvaag said:

That settles that! Thanks for your game guys, I love it! Your interaction with us is great.

Agreed on all counts.

what does everyone think of a station where you can change the appearance of your astroneer to one of the other as well as any other future astroneer they add?

Edited by mileshiclub

I agree with the dev here and has been my point this whole time. I'd say his post pretty much squished this post. And someone else was told not to suffocate a suggestion? Dev just killed it. :)

18 hours ago, mileshiclub said:

I think a few female avatar choices is essential for expanding the player base. I really enjoy the 4 flagship Astroneers, the orange one is my favorite because it's baggy style but the ladies need the options more than me.

Shouldn't you be on Tumblr or something?

They're in space suits for pete's sake.

25 minutes ago, mileshiclub said:

what does everyone think of a station where you can change the appearance of your astroneer to one of the other as well as any other future astroneer they add?

Closet/Wardrobe - Love it!! Some days I just want that big bulky deep pressure space suit :-)

Id settle for a "pick my astroneer" option on game load for that chance

8 minutes ago, Hasuko said:

Shouldn't you be on Tumblr or something?

Comments like this really aren't necessary. Be cool, everyone.

1 minute ago, SES_Adam said:

Comments like this really aren't necessary. Be cool, everyone.

I just don't see the need for a request like this. It makes no sense.

6 minutes ago, Hasuko said:

Fair enough, I'll send you a private message with why calling out users like that isn't acceptable on our forum. I don't want to distract from this thread any longer.

8 minutes ago, Hasuko said:

To want to personally identify with your game character in a sandbox game doesn't make sense? o_O  Some people dont necessarily identify with unisex.

1 minute ago, Litho said:

Basically it comes down to psychology. Giving people genders or gender leaning models gives players a way to identify with their avatar and get more immersed. Its avatar creation 101. That being said; we dont have full avatars. Its said it will be looked at.

Anyone saying genders are not needed does not understand how different gamers play and engage with the software in completely unique ways. Anyone saying that genders are absolutely needed have no idea what it takes to get one in game (properly).

IMHO, for a pre-alpha and the size of the team, they made the SMART choice for this point in development. Kudos System Era

19 minutes ago, Litho said:

Closet/Wardrobe - Love it!! Some days I just want that big bulky deep pressure space suit :-)

Id settle for a "pick my astroneer" option on game load for that chance

An airlock closet/Wardobe would be so cool, it'd be a good way for them to execute all the other custom options in one place as well.

It's good to have a discussion about things that mean something to us and things we are passionate about. But do not let it devolve into madness. 

A simple solution to all of this is just a 'customization' feature on your Character as oppose to a row of characters to pick from. In a game that is family friendly and meant to inspire the subject and thought of Space. It is important to understand that no race, sex, religion or creed matters. We are all only one species, human. 

Now on that note be constructive. If you have spoke your mind what more do you need to say if the other does not agree or is obviously of another opinion that differs. 

Edit: I see mods are here already. Did not mean to interfere. 

Edited by Secret Squirrel